Altador Cup Prize Shop Reopens - Closes On May 24!

hrtbrk

It's Altador Cup season and while the press tour for the upcoming tournament has already begun, last years prize shop had unexpectedly closed. Thankfully Hardtotame has reopened both the Altador Cup and Staff Tournament prize shops for us temporarily. Both shops close on May 24th so get spending!

If you have no points to spend, head to the press tour and catch up on what your favourite teams have been up to in the off season!

altadorcup_2010.jpg

Oh that's good that they have re-opened it, with regard to this the vitriol on the boards was entirely justified, I think. ?

EDIT:

Oh my... guess who has a LOT of AC points to spend, over 18k I'd have lost if they'd not re-opened the store!

Oooh, thanks for the reminder! (And I'm happy they re-opened them, as I hadn't even realised they'd closed them. XD)

Turns out that while I'd already spent all of my points in the AC shop, I'd spent none of my points in the Staff Tournament prize shop. Oops.

4 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Oops.

Glad I'm not the only oops!

I've no idea what to do with my points... should I buy 18,000 take away lunches ready for next year's CC?? ?

I already have the book and the wea-pen... I... just can't make a decision, I need an adult. ?

I already took everything I wanted but still have a decent amount of points left. Guess I'll use them buying the 1 point items to get 1 point items for CC :P

Oh yeah, I heard they shut it down earlier without announcing that, so I'm glad they came to their senses.

I'm so excited to get this year's Altador Cup started! I didn't participate last year, but I'm ready to go! ?

3 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

I remember participating a long time ago, but honestly cannot recall what AC is? Silly - I know. Can someone fill me in, please?

Altador Cup - You join a team. There are 18, each representing a different Neopian Land. You get a prize(s), just for signing up. You play as much of "Yooyuball", "Make Some Noise", "Shoot-Out Showdown"", and "Slushie Slinger" as your body and mind can handle, during about a 25/30 day period. (It can be mind-numbingly monotonous). There are, now, daily "caps" on the amount of games score you can submit, a day, but each score you submit gives you points towards the AC Prize Shop, and gives points to towards your chosen team. You can go from Rank 1 (get a team avatar for reaching) to All-Star, depending on how "hard" you play. Depending on how your team does, it can either rise or fall on the overall leader board. In the end, if you picked the "right" team, your team may be on the podium, in either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. When it's over, then, you can relax, and wait for the prize shop to open, to spend your hard-earned points. You laugh. You cry. You get happy. You get mad. You get carpal tunnel syndrome. Your eyes glaze over. But, you aren't crazy. The "crazy" ones are the Kadders, who still Kad, and max out the daily caps, for all 4 games, for the entire AC. Respect. Other things you can do are posting on your Team's topic on the "Site Events" Neoboard, on Neopets, or post on a team board, here, on TDN. In the past couple of years, there has even been an "all teams" board on TDN.

Feh, they call that a press tour?  They didn't interview Fairland, aka the team that matters. ? 

Also hadn't realized there was a staff prize shop.    Took the prizes for participation and figured that was good...

7 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Feh, they call that a press tour?  They didn't interview Fairland, aka the team that matters. ? 

Also hadn't realized there was a staff prize shop.    Took the prizes for participation and figured that was good...

The press tour has only just begun, so I'm sure they'll get around to Faerieland. ?

And yes, there's always a Staff Tournament prize shop! ? 

I'm a little premature with my signature... oh well!

Do they still talk about how Antola's nerves might get the better of her? xD

Also, Yooyus must enjoy talking about their occupation to the other petpets. "I get tossed around all day long, it's awesome!" :P

5 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Do they still talk about how Antola's nerves might get the better of her? xD

GRRRRRR, don't get me started about that!!! I grouch about it every year. ?

Back to spending my points on those lunches again... 763 points to go... ?

Well that was tedious.

But.

Thanks to your roster management skills, you have 0 points to spend at the prize shop.

image.png.7fa1a033dbd60148d2b242df54522d75.png

I am so very glad my brain didn't take me seriously when I said about spending all 18k of my points on these. ?

The item description's a bit insulting though isn't it (though probably pretty accurate for a lot of us xD) I successfully used chopsticks once... took a LONG time to get through the meal though... ?