Put spare dubloons to good use for CC

If you have dubloons won from the BD lying around, instead of donating them, you could spend them at Little Nippers on r102+ petpets. :D

That's these little guys:

8152.gif8159.gif8146.gif8148.gif8137.gif8139.gif

8157.gif8150.gif8156.gif8143.gif8141.gif8144.gif8136.gif

Deaver's were in stock earlier and they were only 5 dubloons.

This isn't a ridiculous idea, is it? Will I see this tomorrow and wonder what on earth I was thinking?

I am just about to go to bed, and I've had a few clear indications that I'm even more fuzzy-brained than normal today. ?

No, it doesn't seem ridiculous, but it depends on HOW you spend the dubloons. Let's view some "facts":

From @hrtbrk, on the TDN "Charity Corner 2019 Begins!" topic:

Rarity to Point Conversion:

r1-79 = 1 point

r80-89 = 2 points

r90-97 = 6 points

r98-r100 = 8 points

r101 = 1 point

r102-179 = 4 points

r200 = 15 points

One Dubloon Coin 182.gif?70 is R101 (Rarity 101).

Five Dubloon Coin 5806.gif?568 is R101 (Rarity 101), too.

And you, @jellysundae, mentioned the "Little Nippers" petpets are R102+ (Rarity 102 +).

So, let's just assume the petpets are R102. From hrtbrk, donating a R102 will give you 4 points. If you buy a petpet using five "One Dubloon Coin", you will have a loss of 1 Charity Corner point. 5 "One Dubloon Coin", donated to CC would give you 5 points. However, if you use 5 "One Dubloon Coin" to purchase a R102 petpet and donate it, you would only get 4 CC points. In that case, it could be "ridiculous". Now, if you purchase a petpet using 1 "Five Dubloon Coin", and then donate the petpet to CC, you would "net" 3 CC points, in a sense, per petpet donated, vs just donating the "Five Dubloon Coin". In that case, it's a good idea.

I'm using them to train Blatzley, but thanks for the advice! It's useful for others I'm sure. ?

Oh I'm so glad that my general principle was sound, lol, threads I make last thing at night are always a bit of a risk. ?

Because I've always been against buying for CC (I'm really surprised my brain's put up no resistance to me buying Sticky Snowballs tbh) I like the idea of using something I've got for free, you see. Despite the supreme logic behind selling the dubloons to buy Deavers that just isn't something I want to do; but, buying them with those free dubloons? I'm totally down for that. ?

In the main I'm just really pleased with myself for coming up with the idea in the first place. *pats self on head* It's reassuring to me that I can still have little brainwaves, despite the Swiss cheese the MS has made of my brain. :rock: This was a seed planted, I think, from seeing on JN that Little Nippers is a place you can get change from larger Dubloons, I'd used The Golden Dubloon for that before, I don't think the petpet store was on my radar at all. But it is now. :D

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

A Five Dubloon Coin costs 2500-2800 NP

A Deaver costs 1000 - 1100 NP on the shop wiz

Sell your Dubloons and buy Deavers

You'll get double the amount

Not anymore. They go for 1600+ Most around 2k now. And I'm guessing they'll go up even more.

52 minutes ago, Duma said:

Not anymore. They go for 1600+ Most around 2k now. And I'm guessing they'll go up even more.

i bought 10 yesterday for 1000 each

maybe people just started to notice them now 

39 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i bought 10 yesterday for 1000 each

maybe people just started to notice them now 

Now that people are rooting around trying to find ANYTHING to donate as CC nears its end?

I hadn't even thought of that.  Col Mack is too high level to be able to train with them, so I tend to sell them.

Also, since you mentioned petpets specifically. . . Does anyone else feel kinda guilty donating something "alive" to the charity corner?  

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

I hadn't even thought of that.  Col Mack is too high level to be able to train with them, so I tend to sell them.

Also, since you mentioned petpets specifically. . . Does anyone else feel kinda guilty donating something "alive" to the charity corner?  

Haha, oh yeah!!! I have got over it now, but I'm pretty sure I didn't even donate petpets during my first CC. ?

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I kept one in my gallery and donated 9

I think Atsumi will send them to good homes

It's like the Neopian pound , but for petpets

Advent Calendar items are what I have yet to be able to bring myself to donate, even if they're total rubbish... now what's all that about? ?

6 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Maybe Atsumi secretly has this giant field for all of the petpets to roam around in where they can play as much as they want. Yep, that's what I tell myself every time I donate a petpet. ?

The decluttering machine's a portal I tell you, the petpets are spirited off to a different dimension, to wherever the Habitarium now resides!

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh I'm so glad that my general principle was sound, lol, threads I make last thing at night are always a bit of a risk. ?

Because I've always been against buying for CC (I'm really surprised my brain's put up no resistance to me buying Sticky Snowballs tbh) I like the idea of using something I've got for free, you see. Despite the supreme logic behind selling the dubloons to buy Deavers that just isn't something I want to do; but, buying them with those free dubloons? I'm totally down for that. ?

In the main I'm just really pleased with myself for coming up with the idea in the first place. *pats self on head* It's reassuring to me that I can still have little brainwaves, despite the Swiss cheese the MS has made of my brain. :rock: This was a seed planted, I think, from seeing on JN that Little Nippers is a place you can get change from larger Dubloons, I'd used The Golden Dubloon for that before, I don't think the petpet store was on my radar at all. But it is now. :D

I'm the same way, with the CC. I don't really like spending my hard earned NP, unless I have to. If I was close, and needed just a few things to reach the CC points I wanted, I would buy something(s). But, I would go the cheaper route, if possible. Or, if TDNers are selling items in their shops, but may be a bit more, I will buy the item from them. At least I know where/who my NP is going to. And, that's why I posted how I did. I, too, have a lot of dubloons gathering dust. My pet is well out of the Pirate Training School. I thought about donating them, but knew they were R101. For me, it seems a bit of work to donate a lot of R101s, just to get 1 point each. But, when I checked your idea, and knew it was "sound", I figured I should post. I may end up doing as you suggest, but still am unsure. See item below.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Advent Calendar items are what I have yet to be able to bring myself to donate, even if they're total rubbish... now what's all that about? ?

For the life of me, I just can't seem to donate ANY Advent Calendar items, no matter how old they are, how much dust they gather, or how rare they are. That is my most favorite time of the Neo year. Too much nostalgia, I guess.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

The decluttering machine's a portal I tell you, the petpets are spirited off to a different dimension, to wherever the Habitarium now resides!

You know, I think you are on to something. Maybe Magon made the CC donation machine, or had something to do with. If you remember, he WAS testing portals in Brightvale, a while ago. And, wasn't he sentenced to teach science experiments to beginners? Then again, based on how his portals worked, I'm expecting some lucky (or unlucky) Neopian to end up with ALL donated items appearing in their SDB! Just think, enough stuff to be able to donate for the next decade of CCs!

7769.png

14 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I do! It's a little better since the check marking page went live, you don't have to watch them slowly disappear into... the void? And maybe it's better than being kept in my SDB. Especially with the gross food and smelly muffins and such.

7 hours ago, escrapunzel said:

And maybe it's better than being kept in my SDB. Especially with the gross food and smelly muffins and such.

THIS!!! Never even considered this but it's SO true! We feel ALL THE GUILT at the thought of getting rid of them, but we keep them in horrible conditions... humans, in a nutshell! ?

I've now realised that my disinclination to donate extends to any prize items; what's left in my SDB now apart from retired items is codestones, high-level healing potions and medicinal cures, gifts I've received, stuff that's too cute or too valuable to lose, and prizes from any event. I even feel reluctant to get rid of bits of Wraith that are hanging around. ?‍♀️

Having said that, my SDB is basically empty now.

Before CC: Items: 2,818 | Qty: 20,026

Now: Items: 541 | Qty: 1,777

I have just over 40k in points, I think I'll stop now.

Declutter-O-Meter

You have earned yourself 40020 points

Well... maybe I should round it out and donate 80 points-worth more, but after that I'm done. I've no idea what I'll spend all these on, mind! 18k for bank and stocks, but after that... who knows! Perk Me Up tickets probably. The perks list is more than my brain can digest so far, but as the perks I know I want are the only year-long ones aren't they, I have plenty of time for comprehension to happen.

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You know, I think you are on to something. Maybe Magon made the CC donation machine, or had something to do with. If you remember, he WAS testing portals in Brightvale, a while ago. And, wasn't he sentenced to teach science experiments to beginners? Then again, based on how his portals worked, I'm expecting some lucky (or unlucky) Neopian to end up with ALL donated items appearing in their SDB! Just think, enough stuff to be able to donate for the next decade of CCs!

7769.png

?

I LOVE this idea!!! It would make a stellar NT comic, too, can you draw, Scoobs? :snitch:

Items: 5,809 | Qty: 12,391

ummmm im such a failure lol

i met my goal of 12k tho

i can't get rid of most things , always thinking "this will retire & inflate" or "i'm gonna need this later"

2 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Items: 5,809 | Qty: 12,391

i can't get rid of most things , always thinking "this will retire & inflate" or "i'm gonna need this later"

So don't beat yourself up about that! You've met your goal so you're gonna get what you want from this, don't feel obliged to get rid of stuff just because.

I KNOW I've got rid of more than necessary, but that's partly because I'm stellar at cutting off my nose to spite my face, lol, plus I'm intrigued to see how much stuff I can re-accumulate before next year's. ?