Abilities

LekkerLekker89

I landed on a space on the Wheel of excitement that mentioned something about increasing a level of one of my pet's abilities, but stated that I had none - at first I didn't think anything of it but then I realized that I have faerie abilities in the Battledome (Lens Flare was the last one I trained for). I found on Sunnyneo a list of all of the wheel's possible outcomes and a link to 'abilities', where it states that I have none. (See image.) What am I missing?! 

Screenshot 2019-05-20 17.50.09.png

I believe it's just an outdated option on the wheel and hasn't been changed since the new Abilities came out.

As for anyone asking what the heck abilities are in general:

You will have to bless your pet with Weak Bottled Faeries (amount and type depends on which abilities you are seeking to 'buy'). Once you have the acquired amount of blessings, you can pick that ability in the Battledome (here: http://www.neopets.com/dome/abilities.phtml)

For more details and steps, we have a guide here: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/faerie-abilities/

I've never seen that before, or if I did, I don't remember it. Anyhow, don't fret. My pet doesn't have any special abilities, either. But, he can hold his own, in the Battledome, especially with the "new" Faerie Abilities, that require "blessings". If you may remember, the (now) Battledome was in beta for a loonnggg time. I believe this page references the "abilities" from the "old" Battledome, which is no longer. My pet did battle in the "old" one, but not sure if he ever received "abilities" from it. Since the "old" Battledome is no longer, the page may not be able to reflect the "old" abilities your pet may have had.

EDIT: Found this, on JellyNeo. (I did try TDN first, but the link took me to the Item Database): http://battlepedia.jellyneo.net/?go=old_faerie_abilities

Tast...er, cute pet, by the way. Looks like he is ready to "kick some bun", in the Battledome.

One day that slot on the wheel will be updated... what do you guys think will happen?

Though really, I'm surprised they didn't just tweak the wording slightly and have it give you a bottled faerie. ?‍♀️

And I agree with Scoobs - if only navel fluff actually looked so tasty. ?

Though maybe not because people would actually eat it then! ?

I think the wheel will eventually get a complete revamp, new art, new results, new prize chart.   I don't think it'll happen soon, but some day.

2 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

I think the wheel will eventually get a complete revamp, new art, new results, new prize chart.   I don't think it'll happen soon, but some day.

I think the art of the wheel was actually revamped quite recently? (My definition of "recently" might be a bit off though: JN mentions Faerieland getting a revamp in 2009...)

Thanks for the clarity! I remember when the wheel got a makeover-I didn't realize that it was so long ago! Smh. Just a big reminder that I'm old, and getting older lol

Beli was actually named from an inside joke. To make it a short story - ,my cousin and I won a pillow from Cedar Point that looked very much like a neon green jubjub, but had a very...funky smell, even after being washed. I frequently wish that TNT would come up with a renaming event lol I would be willing to trade the 'change your pet's species' for a 'rename your pet'!

Oh, so I'm not the only one who wondered why it said I had no abilities! Good to know that it's outdated and I'm not completely crazy.

57 minutes ago, Robin Hood said:

Oh, so I'm not the only one who wondered why it said I had no abilities! Good to know that it's outdated and I'm not completely crazy.

I like the way you emphasise completely there. ?