What are your hobbies/interests?

luckyhelen

Ooh, are you going to be publishing?

I also enjoy writing, but more for fun.  Well, that and I've only completed one of my stories *blushes*  I do read a lot.  I enjoy crocheting, gardening, video games, and want to get back into painting.  Lately I've been researching ag, since I want to start a small farm.  I'm also definitely into music/music history.  I play multiple instruments, and am studying it in college.

Mostly I game.    Been trying to get the original StarCraft to work properly on my laptop.
Friend is running a vampire game set 1178, so learned far more than I really needed about the 3rd and 4th Crusades.

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, GillyTook said:

Ooh, are you going to be publishing?

I also enjoy writing, but more for fun.  Well, that and I've only completed one of my stories *blushes*  I do read a lot.  I enjoy crocheting, gardening, video games, and want to get back into painting.  Lately I've been researching ag, since I want to start a small farm.  I'm also definitely into music/music history.  I play multiple instruments, and am studying it in college.

I write stories too! Although, like you, I've only completed one of mine... And it was a short story from when I was a kid, so it was terribly written with no realism or logic what-so-ever. ^^;;
I do plan to rewrite it in a different way, though. My mom says to look at it as if it's not a terrible story, it's just my first draft. (And I was like, 10 when I wrote it. So thinking with realism and logic wasn't really easy to do. My imagination was more in charge.)

I love to read as well, and video games are my favourite. Ironically, most Harvest Moon games are in my top favourites. Except the new ones. We don't speak of those. xD

I say Harvest Moon ironically since they're awesome games that all include farming, and you mentioned wanting to start a small farm. It sounds like hard work but that it could also be fun and rewarding!

1. Writing paranormal fiction 

2. Coloring 

3. Reading 

4. Video games 

5. Makeup 

6. Clothes 

7. Cosmetology 

8. Anime 

9. Animation in general

10. Crunkcore, alternative and metal music 

11. Fitness 

12. Healthy eating (I’m pescatarian)

13. Plushie and stuffed animals

My number one hobby right now has got to be watching shows and videos. The latest show I finished was Sonic Boom.

Other than that? There's a lot of things I enjoy!

Shopping at malls. I like the atmosphere of malls, the fountain, the decor, the skylights, I dunno why.

Collecting bird figurines. I'm quite fond of the three that I have, and I hope to acquire more in the future.

If I notice it's raining, I'll go out of my way to go for a walk in the rain. It's so calming and pleasant to me. But thunderstorms? Eww. I stay away. xD

There's another forum site where I spam posts in a specific thread... lol. Kind of a strange sounding hobby to most people, but I like doing it while I watch something.

I love listening to music. Mostly music from the 80s and earlier. I also listen to relaxing music or white noise on occasion.

I like chatting with people online, or in person. It's fun staying engaged in an interesting conversation with someone else.

I'm probably forgetting some things, but that's all I can come up with for now.

• 3 months later...

i am a simple person and i like about 3 or 4 things that are all pretty interconnected and that is it:

- tabletop rpgs. my friends and i have about a half a dozen tabletop games going due to conflicting schedules... 5e d&d, both homebrew and curse of strahd, 4e, lamentations of the flame princess, call of cthulhu, delta green... and a science fiction homebrew my friend wrote that's so fresh it doesn't even have a title. not to mention all the oneshots that we run when schedules get really whacky. i also enjoy RPG video games too (especially if they have interesting worldbuilding!!), but nothing beats tabletop!

- writing. at the moment I'm mostly into novelizing my characters from the aforementioned rpg video games (about 200k into my various dragon age protagonists, and 50k into my fallout protagonists.) but I also dabble in original writing (and to a lesser extent reading) in service of my third major hobby:

- worldbuilding! same as op! i just temporarily shelved one of my older projects, a small star system that was abandoned by the rest of the galaxy...including the people living there. next one is going to be a fantasy, i've got some ideas stewing in the back of my head for some magical shenanigans.

- i've also recently started (re-) learning gaelic! i had been looking into the language's structure for my dragon age project for Reasons, and i ran through the first dozen or so lessons on the LearnGaelic website last january, before getting swamped with real life. then the course on duolingo got released and I got back into it. i'm really enjoying it so far!!

• 4 weeks later...

I like to play paintball, it's a great hobby. This immeasurably enriches your life and provides valuable physical activity.
In my free time, I like to play games at ny spins. A large assortment of games for every taste. good bonuses only make the game more interesting.
In winter, most enjoy snowboarding. It teaches you to correctly evaluate distance, to understand how your body moves in space, and how to make the right decisions on the fly.

• 2 months later...

Quarentine really forcing me to try new stuff, i love it.

My aunt gave me her old acoustic guitar and I've been fiddling around with it, I can finally bar an f-chord hehe. I'm really good at the ukelele, as in I can do more than play chords and sing riptide. Learning some fingerstyle stuff atm. I've also been learning how to use premier pro and after effects so I can make better AMV's too lol.

Watching anime, lookin at memes, reading manga are given too.

• 2 months later...

If you ask me about hobbies and interests, here some of mine:

Virtual pet sites - I used to be much more involved with them back in the early 2010s. Nowadays, I'm primarily active on Neopets though I may pop by Icepets and Eggcave on the off chance.

Video and arcade games - Mainly vintage gaming these days rather than modern gaming. I used to actively collect games and accessories, but it has become much more expensive nowadays.

Amiibo collecting - I was heavy on Amiibo collecting from 2014 to 2017, but currently on hiatus since I ran out of shelf space to display more Amiibo and various figures clawing up in price.

Watching anime - I sadly haven't had much time to pencil in some anime since I got addicted to Neopets again. I will do so again real soon and I'll look into checking out manga and light novels some of my fave anime are based on down along the line.

Cartoons and animation - Mainly older cartoons from the 2000s, 1990s, 1980s and back. There are handful of 2010s ones I do enjoy, but never around to checking out any of the super recent stuff. Same deal with anime with not finding proper time to binge on some cartoon shows.

Listening to video game music - I don't necessarily listen to much proper music (no offense though). I generally listen to various video game soundtracks, but mainly from older games from the 90s and back rather than much newer ones.

I'll update this post if I think of more hobbies, interests and pastimes I enjoy doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite an active person that's why when I have free time I always do something. I like fishing, sport, cooking, learning something new, and hanging out with my friends. Last month I got driving license as I always wanted to buy own car. To be honest, it was easier than I imagine. This website (https://www.easytheorytest.co.uk/practice-motorcycle-theory-test) helped me to learn theory and pass the test at the first attempt, so highly recommend it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've many hobbies watching movies, travelling and gardening but I love gardening the most. I love it because of its keep me close to nature. When I get bored or stressed I spent my time in my garden take care of it like cutting the extra edges grass, watering the plants and take care of it. I've planted many different flowers and grow vegetables. The best thing about gardening is it keeps me close to nature and nature is the best meditation. When I'm in my garden I feel relaxed and my mood become fresh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My hobbies include writing - both original and fan fiction, playing video games - casual games like Neopets but also RPGs, Minecraft, farming games like Stardew Valley and survival games.  I sometimes do crafting & sewing projects. I am currently make masks for people, dice bags and I'm working on a Tarot bag design.  I love tabletop RPG gaming but I've sadly not had the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...