Update on my medication thread

Naamah D.

Hey all! It turns out that I didn’t need to change medication at all. My abilify dosage was lowered and I am okay! 

Not to mention...I’ve lost over 40 pounds. Instead of a 22/24 at 267 I am a happy and healthy 16/18. 

Congrats! Getting your meds lowered is always a good thing in my book. I was on three meds for Epilepsy for most of my life. Within the last year, I have been successfully taken off two of them. Only the one nicknamed "The Game Changer" remains. 

Oh congrats! Congrats to both of you! But @Naamah especially as you were so worried about what different meds might do to you, we're you, so this is just awesome!

No worries about needing bigger clothes now, you'll have had to buy smaller ones. ?

I'm also on Abilify ?  12 years and counting.   I find it so much better than others I was prescribed, although the tics and muscle spasms are now permanent.  So I give them names like "The Flamenco", "Spontaneous Jazz Hands", "The Bird of Prey" etc.  I do worry that its effectiveness is waning after being on various doses for so long.  But time will tell ? 

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2019 at 5:14 PM, FoolishFancy said:

I'm also on Abilify ?  12 years and counting.   I find it so much better than others I was prescribed, although the tics and muscle spasms are now permanent.  So I give them names like "The Flamenco", "Spontaneous Jazz Hands", "The Bird of Prey" etc.  I do worry that its effectiveness is waning after being on various doses for so long.  But time will tell ? 

I love your sense of humor! Sometimes you need a little humor to keep things from feeling like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. If you're worried about effectiveness decreasing after so many years, maybe you can check in with a doctor? Depression/anxiety/etc. meds have changed so much in the past decade, especially in working to decrease bad side effects. If you're willing to go through the long, arduous process of trying a million different meds, you might find one that works just as well/better, without sacrificing muscle control?