Charity Corner: Perk Shop Now Open!

hrtbrk

Hooray!!!

Now do I mess about with this now, when I really should be going to bed, or wait until tomorrow and run the risk of forgetting...

*writes self big note and sticks on screen*

There, that should do it. ?

The 20% avatar perk is glitched

People are getting avatars with way less scores than they should

I think this is taking advantage of a glitch and is a freezable offense , so plz don't exploit it 

:/ 

Does anyone know how much Bring Back the Old Days was?  I have an extra 8,000 points, and cannot for the life of me figure out what they were for, though I counted how many points I'd need at least a half dozen times.  That's the only one I see that I think I may have wanted?  But for some reason it isn't showing up as one I can buy.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

The 20% avatar perk is glitched

People are getting avatars with way less scores than they should

I think this is taking advantage of a glitch and is a freezable offense , so plz don't exploit it 

?

No one is going to be frozen for their mistake as there's no way for us to know.

But it has been fixed now and is working as intended.

32 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Does anyone know how much Bring Back the Old Days was?  I have an extra 8,000 points, and cannot for the life of me figure out what they were for, though I counted how many points I'd need at least a half dozen times.  That's the only one I see that I think I may have wanted?  But for some reason it isn't showing up as one I can buy.

It is 2k, but you are not guaranteed to get it off the bat. You need to purchase the Perk Me Up perk for a chance to get it. If you don't get it, you can re-roll the one you get for 100 points. 

4 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

No one is going to be frozen for their mistake as there's no way for us to know.

But it has been fixed now and is working as intended.

So whats the score we need for Ice Cream Avatar now ?

I'm willing to buy all the Perk-Me-Ups with my 13k points until I get this one :D 

10 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

@Steve made a Google Doc to show all the scores need. It's a life saver!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-F400_SkCXwVYWQINrO5pw9WSR92HLExnjupXG2A4wU

as expected , i still can't get any of these , except for Freaky Factory , but that was before they nerfed the game and sped it up cz I used to get 1000+ a lot (just not 1200) but now I cant barely score 600-700

I think I'll wait with buying perks until all the glitches have been identified.

(But maybe not as long as I did last year, because I got the 'bank bribery' perk right before last year's shop closed, and it stopped working once the new perk shop opened. :sad: (Even though the description says it'll be active for a year, not "until next year's perks are activated".) I've already sent in a ticket about it, but we all know how many tickets go unanswered. XD)

9 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I think I'll wait with buying perks until all the glitches have been identified.

(But maybe not as long as I did last year, because I got the 'bank bribery' perk right before last year's shop closed, and it stopped working once the new perk shop opened. :sad: (Even though the description says it'll be active for a year, not "until next year's perks are activated".) I've already sent in a ticket about it, but we all know how many tickets go unanswered. XD)

I got Bank Bribery and Cheaper by the Dozen activated just fine. ?

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I got Bank Bribery and Cheaper by the Dozen activated just fine. ?

(I'm sure a lot of perks are working just fine right now, but I always wait a while before activating any perks, both because I want to know all the glitches first, and because I take forever making decisions. XD)

But my problem is not with this year's perks, but last year's. ?
(I still had about 11 months left on my 2018 CC bank bribery perk, but it's gone. I've already found some people on the neoboards with the same problem.)

52 minutes ago, mischief51 said:

can you buy the same perk multiple times? i bought "in a new avatar" and was planning to buy it just one more time, but it says it's out of stock now.. 

some yes , some no 

it says so in the description of every perk 

The New Avatar one can be applied just once 

Ooh, you guys. Maybe everyone here already knew this, but I just found out that the items you donated for this year's CC count toward your Rubbish Dumb avatar discard count. If you donated a ton of stuff, go to your inventory, manually discard one more item, and you'll get the avatar:

Something Has Happened!
rubbish.gif You are now eligible to use 'Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I was originally going to get the Bank Bribery perk again, but I changed my mind and bought the coupons instead. I got lucky and got the ones I wanted - I got to choose the Qasalan site theme (sooo cool!!!) and I got the Can I Keep It? perk which got me a background. I also got the one that allows you to colour your pet with Lab Ray exclusive colours, and wanted to make a Mosaic Gelert, but didn`t have a pet ready for it. I had to adopt one and refresh the page to get it to show up on the drop-down list that appeared - my points got spent but I didn`t get to actually apply the colour to the pet. Shame. Other than that, I got what I wanted, so I`m happy.

If TNT gets back to me about my Color it Wild ticket I would like to give it to someone on this board., If you would like to send me your pet (or have me create a new pet) to make your dreamie, let me know. I'll keep you posted on their response though. I know some people are just getting the points back rather than the perk they won. Others have been told to send TNT to pet name and color you want so they can manually change it. We'll see!

5 hours ago, Hanso said:

Ooh, you guys. Maybe everyone here already knew this, but I just found out that the items you donated for this year's CC count toward your Rubbish Dumb avatar discard count. If you donated a ton of stuff, go to your inventory, manually discard one more item, and you'll get the avatar:

Something Has Happened!
rubbish.gif You are now eligible to use 'Rubbish' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thank you so much! I knew I was close before CC started, but I stopped discarding items to save up for CC. Glad it counted anyway, I just got the Rubbish Dump avatar! ? 

10 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

I got the Can I Keep It? perk which got me a background.

May I ask which one was it ? is it exclusive to the Perk Shop or does it already exist in Neopia ?

I got the Bank Bribery and I still have 5000 points .. think I should spend them on 2 coupons or buy the "Random Acts" once ?  

1 hour ago, aleu1986 said:

lwl_fg_minidresser.gif Classy Minimal Dresser. It`s exclusive to the Charity Corner. ?

Ah ,  I saw these items on TDN Item Database .. I can buy them with NP .. not worth wasting coupons on (IF i got the coupon) 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, splitting said:

If TNT gets back to me about my Color it Wild ticket I would like to give it to someone on this board., If you would like to send me your pet (or have me create a new pet) to make your dreamie, let me know. I'll keep you posted on their response though. I know some people are just getting the points back rather than the perk they won. Others have been told to send TNT to pet name and color you want so they can manually change it. We'll see!

TNT responded and it looks like they will manually change a pet on my account so if any one wants it, speak up! Otherwise I'll just turn my lab rat into something nice and pound him.

AHA!!! I have a 3 item quest from Edna today! She held out on me yesterday, so first attempt at getting the avatar from her coming up!

Also, time to get another 100k out of the bank for the Wheel of Extra!

2 out of 4 of the goldmine avatars yesterday was pretty awesome. Pretty sure I only spent about 3k on the Lever of Doom, too. Let's see if today can be as lucky!

EDIT: Got my money back from the wheel + 1np profit. I... I'm unsure how this perk can influence the wheel spins, but I guess this is mostly me feeling itchy about spending 100k a day. ?