AC XIV Staff Tournament - Dream Team Picks?

The AC XIV Staff Tournament team selection has begun, today (8 June 2019)!  Like last year, there will be a "Star Player" each round, so don't forget to choose!. You have until 11 June 2019 to pick your team, or pick your team and make changes, but make sure to do so before 11:59:59. May want to take a look at "teams" TDNers picked last year, in hopes they will perform the same, from this TDN link:

https://www.tdnforums.com/forum/143-altador-cup-xiii-2018/

I see some new players, and, of course, some seasoned ones. So, who are you going to pick? Here is my (current) team. (Not sure. I may make some changes, depending on who others pick):

Forwards: Senormalo & Ghost Pepper

Defenders: Scrappy & Kikokat

Goalies: Binary Supagoo

Star Player: Kikokat

Get out there, and pick your teams! Please post here. Good luck and have fun!

Forwards: Señormalo & Ghost Pepper

Defenders: Scrappy and Kikocat

Goalie: Ehlo Froyo

Star Player: Kikocat

That's what I'm going with. Hopefully they do well.

I totally blanked on the star player bit. I wondered if they were doing it again, but didn't notice it when I picked my team...

My brain, huh? ?‍♀️

Hmmm, who to pick... I wonder how much they'll do it like last year's. Like will each round be the same thing it was last year... just no way of knowing is there, so I dunno who to pick!

I'll just go with Scrappy for now.

image.png.f5413192d108df5da5ffbbac587e6efc.png

all i really know is always pick Senor Malo and whomever is supporting Terror Mountain in a given year, lol. Dunno what this "star player" thing is...

Edit: I has Senor Malo (MT), Ghost Pepper (TM), and KD, SK, DC

7 hours ago, AgJu said:

Dunno what this "star player" thing is...

It's a new thing they only intoduced last year, but it wasn't as simple as correctly picking who'll score the most. The first round was like that, but they did something different for the others, lemme go find out what those were because I can't remember....

Hmm, dunno, can't find out. Pretty sure round 4 was "best new-comer" and Jade won it.

No wait, found it, here it is.

image.png.ededfe638ad5f573b0b2981420fdb7df.png

You can see it's gonna be a bit of a lottery that depends entirely on what criteria TNT pick for each round this time, and while the first three rounds last year were all basically the same thing just worded differently, they made the last round very random (especially as Jade was pretty rubbish ?).

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's a new thing they only intoduced last year, but it wasn't as simple as correctly picking who'll score the most. The first round was like that, but they did something different for the others, lemme go find out what those were because I can't remember....

Hmm, dunno, can't find out. Pretty sure round 4 was "best new-comer" and Jade won it.

No wait, found it, here it is.

image.png.ededfe638ad5f573b0b2981420fdb7df.png

You can see it's gonna be a bit of a lottery that depends entirely on what criteria TNT pick for each round this time, and while the first three rounds last year were all basically the same thing just worded differently, they made the last round very random (especially as Jade was pretty rubbish ?).

Ohhh ok....i picked Senor Malo lol

On 6/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, Nielo said:

My team's the same as @Duma's, except that I picked Agog as star player.

(For those interested in how well the staff members did last year, you can also check their scores for each round here.)

The link only returns a "Page Cannot Be Found" message. Did last year not happen!?

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3705 Neopoints!

bag_of_np.gif

Oh man, picking the new guy was a bad move. >_<

image.png.ab352b001a5add4f15c65210183b6aae.png

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3800 Neopoints!

I had DJ Skellington, but I changed it... ? Needless to say, I've made some changes for next round.

Well, I think I did ok, for Round 1:

image.png.52c59b47524628c7e06d337a2841a1d5.png

So, yeah, I dropped Ghost Pepper for DJ Skellington. Unfortunately, for me, it's all about the points. KikoKat is hitting it hard, this year! Go KIKOKAT!!!

Did anyone manage to pick the "Star Player"?

Also, for anyone who changed their team lineup, did you get prompted to pick a new "Star Player"? I didn't, so I'm curious if anyone did.

And this is why I like to see results, here. It helps to pick a good scoring team, so, please, post your team results! No need to be embarrassed. We don't bite. (Not sure about that @jellysundae, though ?)!

EDIT: Thank you, @Mouseykins! I picked KikoKat, for Star Player, again.

@Scoobert_Doo Try refreshing the page and you should get prompted to choose your star player. Thanks to @Steve for the tip!

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

We don't bite. (Not sure about that @jellysundae, though ?)!

?

Kikocat is putting everyone else to shame so far though, isn't she! Go girl!!

Yeah I think I'll be switching to DJ Skellington

image.png.d2d3b7f7b767049ff969decbdb578e49.png

Do I also change Ehlo Froyo for Binary Supagoo though...

image.png.bbba6333d1cf0a26ef5df207822227cc.png

Looking at the results from last year, I think yes.

image.png.792f1718b115f34524d58b971001d73e.png

I didn't look into this very well at all when making my initial choices, did I, or I'd have picked him from the start.

I'm keeping the exact same team with the same Star player. I'm sure there are some competitive people among them that will do better in round two. Others (Like DJ Skellington) who already were at the top might slack. So, Agog, please be competitive :P

Agog does tend to find her feet in later rounds, doesn't she.

This is my switched out set-up.

image.png.a5f4a11aecd9b44e20ff8ce35c695a1a.png

Am I setting myself up for another bobblehead inventory invasion with picking Binary Supagoo for Star Player? We shall see... ?

35 minutes ago, mairead123 said:

I'd like to keep the same team for round 2 as I had for round 1. Do I have to drop every player then select them again or is there a simpler way?

I think there is something like a "keep team" button, right below your current team? I don't really remember the exact name of the button, but you definitely don't have to drop and re-select players.