Just bought a lab ray

kikaown

On a spur of the moment decision, I bought a full lab map set from the TP for 670k, which I think is a pretty good price. However, its a lot of money, and its more than I've ever spent at one time before. I could resell it easily, get my money back. It cost about a fourth of everything I own on Neopets, including items, shop upgrades, etc. (not counting what I lost about a year ago).

So my question is, should I put the map together now, because prices will probably rise in the future? Or should I resell it and wait for a while?

Also, did I horribly overpay for the map (that's what I'm afraid of)?

Ive seen map sets go for about 500K at the least...I think you got it at about the average price if not a littel more.

Definately use it!....its so fun! *runs in circles*

You got a moderate price for it. It is up to you to decide how much having painted pets means to you. It is the definetly the cheapest way to paint pets. I would keep it but once again its up tp you.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to forget about my SDB for a while, at least until I get the avatar. In another 300 items, I will clear the whole thing out, find it, and then want to do something with it. I can't stand to have items just lying around there.

I'm finding lots of people who are interested to buy for more than what I paid, but I'm still hesitant to sell. I don't want to have to buy it in a few years when it costs 200k-300k per piece.

Personally, I don't like the map. It is very random and lower your pet defense...

If you collect avatar, you can add one to your collection (and an other one if you get the petpet lab)...

But I still belive the map is a big waste of nps XD

Well, its certainly gone up a lot in the last year or so! I paid 470k for mine just over 12 months ago lol

You said you've got people who will pay more than you did for it now so... why don't you sell it to them at a profit and then just slowly get the pieces for your own set cheaper individually?

Well, its summer, and I have time to earn back the money. I have seen prices rise dramatically in the past few days, and I didn't really get cheated. I think I'll go use it. I have to do something with the money I earn. And its only a slight profit, maybe a day or two's work.

Well, I think 670K is good, when I got mine about a month ago, I got it for 690K, which was the cheapest I could find...

I think you should use it, yeah, it can do bad things (like change a kougra into a buzz :O) but it also can give you colors that would have to save up loads for or something (like changing that buzz into Island :O)

Me doesn't like the randomness... I only use it for my guild adoption agency, and it takes ages to get a good change that people are interested in...

I had grundo changed into quiggle... or other specie changed in skeith or grarrl... how sexy? Actually, I kept the grarrl because he turned darigan, and they are the only cool looking grarrl XD

On a spur of the moment decision, I bought a full lab map set from the TP for 670k, which I think is a pretty good price. However, its a lot of money, and its more than I've ever spent at one time before. I could resell it easily, get my money back. It cost about a fourth of everything I own on Neopets, including items, shop upgrades, etc. (not counting what I lost about a year ago).

So my question is, should I put the map together now, because prices will probably rise in the future? Or should I resell it and wait for a while?

Also, did I horribly overpay for the map (that's what I'm afraid of)?

I met a user who had a lab pet ( a pet only for the ray) and every time she the pet changed she put that change on the pets page the user name is _light2pink_.

• 2 weeks later...

My Snow Uni recently changed into a Skunk Zaffara.

Meh

• 2 weeks later...
wait, store it in your sdb, forget about it, then, when you decide to look in you sdb, you find an incredibly high priced map. i should know, the full set only cost a couple thousand when i started playing (6 years ago)

I, too, have been playing for 6 years (on my current account.. technically next month, but my first one was hacked and that was made about 2 months previous to the one I use now).

I remember when I thought it was expensive to get the few map for about 10K. lol. (I bought mine for 97K before it jumped in price-lucky me)

I'd say to use it... /shrug I mean, what else would you get with all the nps you'd have? I've been saving my nps for forever and I never buy anything, lol. It really doesn't make sense. Have fun, take a chance. You can always find new ways to get nps.