Alert!

Jolly Jasper

Everything is working normally now!

There have been reports of "dupe items" (fake items generated by hackers) being sold for very cheap, used to scam people out of NP, and being given away. Anyone keeping or using these items could be frozen by TNT. If you find something that is too good to be true, it probably is! Items like this can show up in many places:

-shops, for drastically reduced prices

-trades, for cheap item wishlists

-in the money tree

-auctions

-and you can even be randomly given items!

If you traded or bought any expensive items for insanely low prices, it has been suggested that the correct thing to do is to put your item on the TP with a caption something like, "If this is a dupe item, Delete it please, TNT!" If it is legit, TNT will not touch it. Either way, BE CAREFUL! If someone is offering an item that is a lot more than your lot (like a baby paint brush for your set of codestones), assume that it is not safe and wait! These hackers are not doing this to make money, they are doing it to get people frozen!

There have also been reports that the main shops are not restocking at all. Neopets has had a lot of problems lately, and just generally keep an eye out and be as careful as possible! Remember that we are talking about really expensive items, that's all. Gifts from friends, random events, etc, they're all fine. Just keep a lookout for expensive items from people you don't know.

Don't panic!! Just be careful! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crying:

while I was playing on the neopets site today,

I recived a gift out of no where.

Funny thing is I had the neomail blocked.

I found a 'bear' when I opened it.

I have this item in my SDB now.

How do I return it and report this situation to TNT?

I'd sure appreciate any help.

I'm a newbie here in TDN land.

I don't know, I think you can discard the item, if not do that Jasper posted. Put it up for a trade and write on the wishlist "if this is a duped item. TNT deleted please!" or something like that. When this sort of stuff happens, I just don't log on neopets AT ALL. :sad01_anim: thank you Jasper for the alert!

:crying:

while I was playing on the neopets site today,

I recived a gift out of no where.

Funny thing is I had the neomail blocked.

I found a 'bear' when I opened it.

I have this item in my SDB now.

How do I return it and report this situation to TNT?

I'd sure appreciate any help.

I'm a newbie here in TDN land.

A bear isn't worth very much.. maybe 500 np, we're talking about multi-million NP items. Like there was a point where there were a dozen swords of skarsdens and royal PBs on the money tree. That kind of stuff you need to stay away from. :sad01_anim:

A bear isn't worth very much.. maybe 500 np, we're talking about multi-million NP items. Like there was a point where there were a dozen swords of skarsdens and royal PBs on the money tree. That kind of stuff you need to stay away from.

:whistle: WoW!

I've never even seen items like that.

TY Jasper.

I'll leave the bear where it is then, for now.

:sad01_anim:

Sure seems like a sad waste of computer skills, messing with a game site.

:S I'm doing good if I can make a good score to send in on the games, myself *lol*

:sad01_anim:

Sure seems like a sad waste of computer skills, messing with a game site.

:S I'm doing good if I can make a good score to send in on the games, myself *lol*

Most of the 'hackers' are just people who got caught cheating in the past and have some weird pent up anger toward non-cheating neopians, I think. ^_^

There have also been reports that the main shops are not restocking at all.

Oh, good! This afternoon I was sitting in the chocolate shop refreshing madly for an upwards of thirty minutes.

Glad to know that I wasn't just going crazy. :D

I think there is a virus problem too. When I tried to login my account my computer gave me a message about virus detected. That has never happened to me on neopets before. I saw someone say something on the message boards about it too. I'm staying off for now. I hope I don't get any of the dupe items.

I wish I got one, because if I got frozen, I could get out of it. :O

I want a dupe SoS. :(

:O *faints and falls over* A MOD SAYING THIS?

I'm not going to log on neopets at all in case I get that virus thingy. I won't log on until Monday, just in case. If your computer detects a virus it will deleted if you have Norton or McAfee (my personal favorite). But if you get one make sure you do a disk cleanup and defragment your computer after you delete virus, then do a scan again. (just so people know)