Harry Potter- who do you think will die in the last book?

Ellie_Penguin

So I've been wanting to hear the theories my fellow TDNers LOL XD have in mind about the last book of Harry Potter. I pre-ordered it and I so can't wait to read it. It will finally end and already the fans are hoping Rowling wrote a decent ending for the series. Will she be able to satisfy most of the fans? My answer is, maybe, but it is not likely. Rowling has said that AT LEAST 2 characters will die and only her husband knows! (let's find him! JK!). So, who do you think these characters will be? And why?

I wish every evil character would die, but we have to try to link the future deaths to past books. Will Harry and Voldemort die? Will evil triumph? We do know that this book might not have a "happy" ending, due to the fact that I get the feeling loving characters will perish. As soon as the book comes out, I must warn you to wear your earplugs because there will be bad people who will read the ending or key points and spoil it for you. So as soon as you get the book, wear your plugs and run home! Don't even go online because people WILL post the answers. Even your friends who hate Harry Potter might spoil it for you.

Now, based on feeling and from what I have read I came up with a list of possible characters that might die:

1) The Weasley Family: Remember Mrs Weasley's encounter with the Boggart? She saw her family and Harry dead bodies. Based on this, I must say that Voldemort, along with his Death Eaters might kill the whole Weasley Family.

2) Hermione: Now, I don't really see her dying for some odd reason, but who knows. I think the Malfoys might kill her themselves because of their hatred towards her AND because she's VERY smart. Without her, Harry might have a hard time knowing exactly what certain things are, for example.

3) Hagrid: He is not afraid, and he is always warning others. He could die trying to protect Hermione or just because Voldemort wants to get rid of everyone around Harry so Harry might be "weak".

The reason I don't think the Professors (except of course for Hagrid) will be killed is because if you look at a general picture, they all protect Harry, but they don't exactly play the most important part of his life. He is closer to the Weasley Family, Hermione and Hagrid.

A lot of people might disagree with me on this, but I don't think Harry is going to die. I think Harry is going to defeat Voldemort because of the love from the ones who have perished before the "final battle". I don't think the connection of their wands will happen again because it would be too obvious. But remember Dumbledore told Harry and he possessed the most significant mark of all? It was love, which was inside him due to his mother's sacrifice. I think in the end that mark will save Harry and Voldemort will be destroyed. Of course, it says that Voldemort cannot live without Harry and viceversa, but if Harry triumphs, he will only lose the powers Voldemort accidentally transfered to him. Basically, his "cursed" life will end.

What do you think? I tried to be very general or I would end up writing a whole book about this XD.

We've had some pretty big debates on this in my guild lol

Personally, I don't think Harry will die either - its too obvious. I do think he might be a horcrux though. Dumbledore has a quote in the second book about how Voldy accidently transferred some of himself to Harry which reminded me of a horcrux when I reread that book.

I reckon Ron or maybe Ginny will die, not sure why its just a feeling lol As for Hermione... I agree with Ellie, I don't think she will be one of the ones who dies. I think Harry will need her help with finding and destroying all the horcruxes.

Voldy... he needs to die I think, otherwise the series won't have gotten a proper ending, but again, that might be a little obvious for Rowling as well!

Hmm... I pretty much agree that Voldemort has to die, but I disagree about Hagrid - it just seems like he'll always be around.

I originally thought that Harry would die, but after reading some of the opinions, I guess I'm not so sure. That's a good idea about Harry being a horcrux, but why did Voldemort lose all his powers when he attacked Harry? Did he make some kind of mistake? Is it a side effect of making his last/first horcrux?

However, if Harry is a horcrux, he will probably have to die.

I guess that Voldemort will have to die in the end, and the others may be any one among Harry's friends, maybe Neville. Since this is the last book, there will probably be a few surprises, and apart from Voldemort, I don't really know who will die.

Originally I thought that Harry Voldemort would die, but what Ellie said about the whole, Harry can't live with out Voldemort viceversa thing makes me kinda debate with myself about it! So, now I think that Voldemort's gonna die and I agree with Ellie how Harry is just gonna lose his powers from Voldemort!

I don't think Hagrid is going to die, and I don't think all the Weasley family members will die, but maybe Ginny...she was close to dying in the second book!

I'm guessing Rowling wants to kill Voldemort, but in order to do that, she has to make it not too obvious. So, she's going to really come up with twisting deaths or something to sort of "distract" us. Or, I know this might be ridiculous, but I was thinking what if Voldemort loses most of his powers to Harry and then he "repents"? That MIGHT also happen.

Well, since the start of the saga, Harry lost all the most significative people around him. His parents, Sirus, Dumbledore... So it would make sens that the Weasley or Hermione are some of the deaths in the book.

A frustrating way to end up the story would be to kill Harry.

I don't like much to speculate... XD

I sorta re-ignited the debate in my guild after I saw this board, I thought you guys might be interested in some of the replies I got... (I'll leave out usernames).

I honestly think Tonks and Lupin have a slim chance of survival. But they're the most awesomeist couple!!! If I were and HP character, I'd be Tonks because:

1. She gets Lupin

2. She has an AWESOME power!!!

Luna and Neville don't have that good of a chance of survival either...

Greyback MUST die!!!!

Personally, I don't think Harry should die, it would be a very sad ending to a wonderful series. ...But I have a feeling, he is going to die, because he and Voldemort have soo many connections, that Harry will have to die in order for Voldemort to die.

Hey, I have a book that mugglenet staff wrote called "What will happen in Harry Potter 7". They reckon Harry IS a horcrux, and when he finds out he's gonna try and kill himself, but Wormtail is gonna prevent it and tell Harry the secret of destroying a Horcrux without damamge to the object it's in. Why would Wormtail do this you ask? Well, think back to the 3rd book... Didn't Harry save Wormy's life? Didn't Dumbledore tell Harry that that triggered an ancient magic, and Wormtail now had no choice but to try and save Harry's life if given the opportunity?

remember what trelawnay said in the 5th book? she said that one will die and the other will survive. if voldy dies so harry will survive, and if harry dies voldy wil survive (OH NO!)

I don't think Wormtail will help him. That's kind of far fetched. If he has some 'powerful magic bind' to Harry, why did he cut Harry in GoF in the graveyard. He cut off his own hand to help Voldemort, for crying out loud.

I don't think Harry will die. Someone said it before: the prophecy says one survives, one dies. Harry is definetly NOT a horcrux.

This is just a few, there was three pages of them >.<

Thanks Isabel! Those are some interesting points. Okay, I was thinking that there may be a twist in the whole HP vs Voldemort thing. I'll post the quote from the Order of the Phoenix:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies ..."

So Voldemort knows about some of Harrys' powers that he transfered to him, not intentionally. So all that's left is for Harry to die with him. However, what if there's something in between those lines? What if there's something Harry can do to survive and be able to defeat Voldemort for good? Again, Harry survives because of his "love mark". What if Neville discovers the truth, that he could've been the one Voldemort could've marked? And out of anger, he tries to defeat him, but dies?

While I was writing this, I thought of something odd. What if Harry gets married and has a baby?

While I was writing this, I thought of something odd. What if Harry gets married and has a baby?

That's a moot point if he dies though. But I guess that would be kinda of interesting - there really wouldn't be any "bad guys" that HP's kid could fight. Unless Malfoy's paps pops off and Lucas swears revenge or somemat. It would be like that corny spiderman movie.

I don't think Rowling has the guts to kill off Harry, Ron or Hermione. I remember reading somewhere on her website that she cried when she killed off both Sirius and Dumbledore.

But I am SO EXCITED for this book to come out.

My friend's mom is a librarian at the town's library so she recruited me to go help pick up the books that they are going to sell at midnight. (YAY)

Yea, I cried when I read about their deaths.

What came into my mind was that if Harry gets married and has a baby, maybe he can break his own "curse" or destroy the prophecy? Rowling already wrote that one cannot live without the other, so if she doesn't want to kill Harry, she's gonna have to come up with a "twist".

Rowling already wrote that one cannot live without the other

Um, isn't it that one can't survive while the other does? So they both can't live but one of them can once the other is dead... there was that bit in HBP where Dumbledore and Harry were talking about how the prophecy isn't even the most important thing but that because Voldy is setting store by it then thats why it seems likely that it'll come true and one of them will kill the other...

Hmm...did you guys hear? Apparently, some guy who calls himself Gabriel, says he hacked into the publlisher's database and posted the ending on the internet. Everyone is saying that it is fake though....

http://seclists.org/misc/harrypotterspoilers.html Possible Spoiler Warning!

It is highly unlikey that it is true, but it does seem to match what you are saying, Ellie o_O

Those are usually fake, based on what people are saying. For Half-Blood Prince they had stuff like that, and they said Hermione was the one who was going to die.

Are we supposed to believe THAT? If they meant to spoil it all for all of us, they would've said which bad guys. So yea I'm pretty sure everything is false. Also, what about the prophecy? How come Harry lives while Voldemort dies? So, obviously those people don't really know anything.