Should we feel sorry for him?

Awesome_Paul

But when i was at work sorting the papers out, I found an interesting headline on our Cities Paper (every town has its own, like London has a paper for london etc)

At the top, is a picture of an Boy in hospital with the gas masks on, for oxygen?

Below the headline was:

TEENAGE KICKS

This 13-year-old boy almost died after downing two litres of vodka as his friends looked on. This harrowing picture is a stark warning youngsters of the damage of binge drinking.

(written out in paper, because its not on a website) (I deleted any names of people)

This 13 YEAR OLD boy almost died after drinking the equivalent of 37 pints of lager. Schoolboy XXXXXX body temperature plunged after he drank two litres of vodka - almost four times the recommended weekly allowance for adults.

Ambulance staff said he was half an hour away from death when they arrived at the park where he had been drinking with friends.

Council inspector XXXXXX found XXXX in Buckingham Park, Shoreham, after a dog walker reported she had seen a drunken child lying on the Grass

Thats the first part, which tells the story, it goes on about talking to the mother about it, the alcohol poisoning and how he turned yellow.

But the question is, Should we actually feel sad about this Kid?

Sounds cruel it may But i think NO!. Well I actually laughed for abit.

It was his own stupid, immature fault to drink that much (when he is about 5 years young than the age limit required).

But even if you are going to drink that young, it is common sense that you shouldn't drink that much surely.

Kids are getting younger and younger drinking alcohol. recently i thought being 15 and going to the pubs and getting drunk is bad enough, but this is utter ridiculous.

And the worst bit is, as soon as this person is 100%, he will still go out drinking with his friends, not taking into account, it may happen again.

(Note when the paper uploads this story to the website, i post a link to it)

But what do you think, Are you actually feeling sad about this kid?

EDIT: when i thought this was young

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm...-name_page.html

A 10 YEAR OLD getting traeted for alcopops addiction. That is incredibily sad.

I wonder where his parents were and if they ever taught him about drinking. When I was 13 I knew everything about underage drinking and the dangers. That's why I lost many friends because they thought it was fun and I didn't really want to hang around with people who would pressure on me about the whole drinking issue. So yea, he's old enough to know the dangers and if he doesn't know then, what a shame.

Vivi, you say the article talks about his mother, right? Did the mother talk about the incident in some kind of don't-care-about-this tone, or did she sound concerned? If she was concerned, the child should be held reponsible.

Just because a mom sound sconcern, doesn't really mean she taught him well or anything. We would have to see the past history and if the boy had a good communication with the parents and if they have talked to him about it in the past. Either way it is mostly the kid's fault because, I'm sure they teach him about alcoholism in school.

Okay i copy out from the paper about the mother.

When his mother arrived at his bedside he had turned yellow and was suffering from alcohol poisoning and hypothermia.

She was later told if his body temperature had fallen by one more degree he would have died.

She said "The Last time I had seen him was playing a computer game at home. When I arrived in hospital he was asleep in bed, gurgling. He was completely yellow, like a baby with jaundice. His eyes were all bloodshot and he couldn't focus."

She had no idea he drank spirits with his friends.

She said: "He goes to the park and hangs about with them but, as far as I know, he has never done this before.

Because he was on a drip. he didn't get a hangover <_<"

(if he had the hangover, he would have stopped drinking)

Thern it goes on about police warning parents to keep an eye on their kids and how they tackling down on underage sales.