The New Seven Wonders of the World

Chipmonker

It's official, the non-profit organization New7Wonders announced what it claims are the new seven wonders of the world. The seven were choosen from a list of over 200 nominations and 100 million votes. They are

The Statue Christ the Reedemer in Brazil

Machu Picchu in Peru

Chichen Itza in Mexico

Great Wall of China

Petra, Jorden

Colosseum in Rome

and the Taj Mahal.

Picture essay is here

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288541,00.html

So discussion time! Any comments, concerns or criticism of the list?

Favorites or Can't-believe-that-made-the-list?

It actually looks like a pretty good list, I'm just a little bummed that the US doesn't have anything in there. *builes a world wonder and makes the nominations 201* lol

Well, they voted the 7 Wonders of Portugal too, but it was only nationwide.

We were the hosts last nights in Lisbon. :P Though I didn't like the Christ Redeemer winning - I don't think it deserved it.

Well, they voted the 7 Wonders of Portugal too, but it was only nationwide.

We were the hosts last nights in Lisbon. :P Though I didn't like the Christ Redeemer winning - I don't think it deserved it.

Yeah. I think Eiffel Tower should be in, not Christ Redeemer. Nice statue, though.

What?!? That is one of the most beautiful and most recognizable statutes in the world. (Statue = Rio de Janeiro) Not to mention it was built like 40 years earlier than Eiffel tower.

What?!? That is one of the most beautiful and most recognizable statutes in the world. (Statue = Rio de Janeiro) Not to mention it was built like 40 years earlier than Eiffel tower.

Errr...no. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889, while the Statue of Christ Redeemer is from 1931.

Oops...

That is really weird, you are right about that. I looked at a student reference thingy that I have sitting at my computer and it says 1848. Must have read something wrong x.X

Anyway I'm still glad it made the 7 Wonders. That and Petra, Jorden. That city is beautiful

EDIT: Urrgghhhhhhhhh, when did the forums start getting Hilliary Clinton ads?

I think the list is good, especially with the addition of the Great Wall, Taj Mahal and Petra. However, as the Pyramid of Giza used to be a wonder, and it is the only ancient wonder still standing, and no one knows exactly how the Egyptians managed to build it without modern machinery, it deserves to be left in. I would take out the Chichen Itza.

• 2 weeks later...