Post your desktop :)

Samuel

I thought it might be interesting to post your desktop, have a look at everyone elses.

Simply take a screenshot - guide here from TDN - and upload it, and paste the image link below.

Please don't put in the whole image onto the forum post - linking to it is much nicer. :)

Cheers!

Here's mine:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3143/screenshotna7.png

Care to post yours and comment others? :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5101/desktoply1.png

I change my background at random times and rearrange the icons around the main image. You shoulda seen what I did with the AC Shenkuu one. xD

Hello all! First off, Sam have you lost it?!? However, this was so random I just had to join in the fun.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6674/desktoprs2.jpg

I'm sorry I had to black out the top secret unreleased news finding stuff of TJ's (sorry I was to to lazy to actually blur it and make it look nice). :O

Oh yea, and I added something for TBC in mine! :P

*links deleted*

I don't want to see Windows XP anymore ;p

Usually, I keep the same desktop for a long period of time. Like I had a ladybug for over a year until I changed it for an Harry Potter background. This weekend, Allan (you don't know him, sadly XD) found this Maqs Eyrie picture on Suta-raito and decided to do a graphic with it... and when he showed me his work I was like :"Ohhh Pretty! I want it as my desktop". So here it is... ;)

I like yours Sam :)

And Anime... how can you find icons when you are looking for them? It sounds confusing to me XD

No comments to TJ XDD

http://kimibaka.free.fr/Vdesktop.png

Usually, I keep the same desktop for a long period of time. Like I had a ladybug for over a year until I changed it for an Harry Potter background. This weekend, Allan (you don't know him, sadly XD) found this Maqs Eyrie picture on Suta-raito and decided to do a graphic with it... and when he showed me his work I was like :"Ohhh Pretty! I want it as my desktop". So here it is... ;)

I like yours Sam :)

And Anime... how can you find icons when you are looking for them? It sounds confusing to me XD

No comments to TJ XDD

1. What do you mean, no comments?!? Mine just rocks, so I get it. ;)

2. NICE, yours is in spanish! Cool-ee-o! (edit: or maybe that is French?)

Simple. I sort them by waht they are and keep tp a general area. And it's not like I change every other day. xD

Sam's is nice. And I like TJ's background. xD

I LOVE that background, Xepha.

Mine is here- My desktop

any comments?

I like oranges! b)

Simple. I sort them by waht they are and keep tp a general area. And it's not like I change every other day. xD

Sam's is nice. And I like TJ's background. xD

I LOVE that background, Xepha.

Thank You! ^_^

Anime, I can send it to you if you want ;D

And yep, my windows is in French (not SPANISH, TJ!) lol

Luna, I like your desktop.... nice illustration of individualism. I'd rather be with the group of oranges than lonely in the corner of the picture! :)

I love Anime's one =O I've never really moved the icons around the page. Sometimes to a different corner, or in a row along the bottom, but not randomly dotted - it looks nice. :)

Xepha's is nice =] Yeah, S-R do some nice images. And TJ's is cool too; what's the little TDN link in the corner by the clock?

Oranges, Luna Eclipse? :P Fair enough. Looks...very edible. :)

Mine's just one of the preinstalled images, but it's all summery and happy. :)

And TJ's is cool too; what's the little TDN link in the corner by the clock?

Umm has decided that he likes it there and there is no way TJ can get rid of it. It just happened one day, I have no idea why, it's not even a link, it's just text that's THERE, I dunno what Umm did, but I can't figure out how to make it go away.

To make this interesting, we will just say it's part of the news stuff, and I accidently didn't block it out. :O *shifty eyes*

I love Anime's one =O I've never really moved the icons around the page. Sometimes to a different corner, or in a row along the bottom, but not randomly dotted - it looks nice.

Thanks. I've just always done that, it makes it look nice and I like to see the main image. xD

I'm at work now but I'll post mine when i get home.. I have three computers so... One runs Xandros linux at the moment (You gotta experiment sometimes) the other two run windows, One with the default shell and one with BBlean... They're all pretty. At least to me... Don't panic, I'll just edit this post and add the links.. I just wanted to get in here somewhere soon. :P

EDIT: My normal windows desktop

And: My slightly more funky windows Box.

The Linux box is currently off, and its a lot of work to switch all the wires around.. It may come later...

Here is my desktop

desktopnn9.th.png

I like it like this; plain white with some lyrics on it - I change those from time to time - currently it's the lyrics for 'Danny Boy' I'm trying to learn it by heart (and no I'm not irish, and neither is that song actually :P)

After resisting initially, this is my desktop.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/268/cra...gdesktopan2.png

Nothing to see, really. Stuck in the XP era still, but I don't care. My desktop is usually a picture I've taken using my ultra-snazzy digital camera, but alas I got bored of my own somewhat summery picture and opted for one found on the internet. It looks very similar to it, though.

Nothing on my desktop that I had to blur out. You can even see point blank that I'm sadly an Guild Wars kid. I apologise. And you can also see the tool we use to warn you folk, too. Above that, though, is my own flash preloader. You perhaps don't care about it, but you might see it in action in a few weeks time. :O Mystery...

You can even see point blank that I'm sadly an Guild Wars kid.

Nothing wrong with Guild wars, I too have been known to partake.. Not recently though... Stuck in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines right now...

Oh my God, This is so off topic, I'm gonna get my rear end handed to me by a staff member any minute now...

Wow, a lot of desktops, and I like most of them. :D

Anime's is...inspiring, I liked the way you arranged the icons around the background, gives a nice touch. Sam's is the only Vista desktop I've seen yet, all you are still in XP. :P

Some are...plain, but simple. Others, a little more complex but the shortcuts prove handy.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/gol...=hbkdesktop.png

Mine is up there, and before you laugh at the wallpaper, let me say that Megaman has been one of my favorite series/games, therefore it's 20th anniversary is marked with Star Force, a DS game which I'm currently playing (and really good!). I used Objectdock Plus to get finally rid of those icons, and two bars, one on the left and another on the top is for organization. The left one is for handy links, ones that I use very often and I just click once and it opens, very simple.

The top bar is for program shortcuts. I've arranged them into categories, so it's easier to browse through them. I've just formatted my computer this weekend, so there's not much on there yet, but it'll soon clog up a bit. :P

Is objectdock plus worth the money? I use the sidebar for just plain object dock because it makes life easier, But for everything else I use the quicklaunch button. It works pretty well. I organise everything in there into folders. (Maybe i'll post that image too. It's kind of cool, like having a simpler startbar.) But then, if you could use menus and drop downs with OD+ it might make things even simpler... Has anyone used the Aston Desktop? It gives you little menu's too but it tends to cause troubles with games...

This is mine

Kinda boring, but I cant think of a good background....

xD That looks pretty cool, while it's plain, it's attention getting. You have your icons aranged all around like Anime. ;) I like it.