Post your desktop :)

Samuel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/da...hz/screenie.png

My taskbar got stuck at the side one day and its been like that ever since... It took me about 20 tries to finally take a picture of a firework, but it worked :D

I like the Show desktop button labelled as useless. When sat on the desktop, it certainly is...

Very nice HBK! I take it you did that sidebar, and top organization thing with Vista? *hopes it's another program*

No, no, it's done with a program called Objectdock Plus. Now, normal Objectdock wouldn't allow me to have more than one sidebar, so I got the more featured version. And no, it's not worth the money (but for features, it pwns!), because Stardock has enough customers, but you can always get it for /free/ if you search correctly with Google. No more said. 0:)

And TBC, as for the taskbar being on the side, simply drag it (click on an empty part of the taskbar and don't let go of the mouse) to the bottom of your screen and it should go there. Now, to ensure it doesn't go back up, right-click on the taskbar and click 'Lock the taskbar'. All done! :) You can always unlock it using the same procedure. ^_^

I'm really obsessed with Angelina Jolie and The L Word... my desktops are normally either of the 2. My favorite characters on the L Word (4th season) are Bette, Phyllis, and Alice, but I also have a strong like for Helena. 5th season comes out early 2008, so I can't wait!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/The...ler/desktop.png

I have 2 desktops, well my 2 fav ones:

One of my favs (didn't even have to screenshot, its on the internet already):

The good ole field

http://www.mistywindow.com/windows/win-pics/xp-desktop.jpg

And my 2nd Fav (the one im using now)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/P8...pg?t=1187140815

(I have alot of icons, and i hardly use any of them but they're there to fill up space :P)

Main reason I like my mountain one is that its so peaceful, just pure nature, and the view is decent as well.

-----------------------

Zac dunno why, but when i looked at yours, the film Matrix came into my head :P

Zac.... it must be depressing to see your a school assignements folder every time you look at your desktop XD

And I'd like to see a mac desktop to change from all the winwin ones XD

Zac.... it must be depressing to see your a school assignements folder every time you look at your desktop XD

And I'd like to see a mac desktop to change from all the winwin ones XD

Or Linux. But I don't use those OS.

• 1 month later...

LOL! Oh man, I can't wait to show you mine. Windows 98 screenie here I come.

Ok, click here.

Here is a breakdown of what it contains:

The background:The standard, boring, blue 98 background. Clicking on the logo on the top right takes you here.

The Taskbar: Not much to see here. The classic ugly Start button is obvious. There is a shortcut to Internet Exlplorer 6, a shortcut to Outlook Express (which doesn't work), a shortcut to Windows Media Player (which is plainly useless given the fact I have no speakers), and a shortcut to the desktop. You can see I was looking at this topic when the screenie was made. To the right, you can see the time and the ever-annoying image of me being signed out of MSN. This is due to the fact that I have major hardware problems - it signs me out as soon as I sign in. Automatically. Very annoying. Also, it continuously keeps trying to sign in without stop, which in turn makes everyone on my contact list angry, as they get "Cameron has signed in" about every three minutes.

The Icons: Here we have the ugly icons of my PC. There is a shortcut to My Documents and My Computer at the top, both retro and blegh. Below that there is a link to IE, and then a shortcut to the Network Neighborhood. Next comes an unemptied Recycle Bin. After that there are two executive programs which refuse to be deleted or even moved. What a pain. In the next row comes MSN and WMP (see "The Taskbar"). After that comes the icons for Word, Excel and Powerpoint. You may not recognise them - they are all from Office 97. Finally comes Acrobat Reader 5, probably the only thing on this heap of junk that isn't dysfunctional.

Also, I would like to mention that during the time it took to take and upload my screenie (about 6 minutes), the system became unstable and I recieved the Blue Screen of Death...twice.

Cameron

LOL! Oh man, I can't wait to show you mine. Windows 98 screenie here I come.

Ok, click here.

Cameron

I used to have a Windows '98 or something before I updated to Windows XP. Needless to say, it was kind of hideous.

This isn't my desktop on my computer in my room. This is my family's "Whatever" computer.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i150/Legoman24/desktop.jpg

Cool Topic.

Very Unique!

This is my desktop. I'm a Vista guy! ^_^

What do you guys think?

mydesktoptu6.th.jpg

• 1 month later...