"Opposites" Riddle

Izzy ♥

if we use Motormouth's method, then the codes would be something like . . .

9 64 881 671

9 64 881 671 3

9 64 118 671

9 64 118 671 3

9 46 881 671

9 46 881 671 3

9 46 118 671

9 46 118 671 3

. . . These could be made out to be phone numbers. Is TDN suggesting we use the area codes and numbers to prank call people?

I put all of those numbers with and without spaces into the password box and got nothing. Boo.... anyone for a prank call? ^_^

I was totally on the right track until I saw these posts. I thought that meant that MotorMouth had already exhausted the inverted number theory and found it to be wrong. Now looking back and paying more attention, I see that shadowgrrl had mis-inverted the numbers on the third puzzle piece... it should have been 188, not 118. The answer was on page 2 all along, way before Meeptroid came along and derailed me even further with the "name of the game... win the fame" hint, and all the poems that followed. I was so close! I was just distracted by 18 pages of other posts after these two. In fact, inverting the numbers was the first thing that came to mind after Matt's hint. I should have just tried them anyway.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was totally on the right track until I saw these posts. I thought that meant that MotorMouth had already exhausted the inverted number theory and found it to be wrong. Now looking back and paying more attention, I see that shadowgrrl had mis-inverted the numbers on the third puzzle piece... it should have been 188, not 118. The answer was on page 2 all along, way before Meeptroid came along and derailed me even further with the "name of the game... win the fame" hint, and all the poems that followed. I was so close! I was just distracted by 18 pages of other posts after these two. In fact, inverting the numbers was the first thing that came to mind after Matt's hint. I should have just tried them anyway.

I was completely thrown off by that too...argh, it's frustrating to have been so close. Oh well, now that the plot's over, I'd just like to know one thing-why was the plot called Kalium Echo?

I'm not mad at you Meeptroid! You're still the master of all that is poem. =)

I wouldn't have guessed the inverted numbers thing after Motormouth tried all of them and said they didn't work, anyway.

Oh, and I'm still part of the NQFBCBA squad! 'Cause I tried to help, even with my buffalo wing flavoured fingers.

Good job to all those who completed and worked on the puzzle, and good job to all slightly misleading poetic peeps. =)