zoavn2

afupf9

bnonv6

cgrev3

fwfqh8

ianfv1

jvqlr5

muncu6

as per the earlier suggestion of using rot13 in filenames. does this mean anything to anyone? . . .

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting "rot13"? I'm confuzzled...

But I keep thinking, opposites of potassium... I'm not sure if there even are any. I tried looking it up, but I didn't have any luck finding anything. I think that I'm thinking too hard!

Other thought..... what about getting a clue from when they posted clues/messages...

We have recieved a message from the one they call 'haphazardly insane'.

"Greetings, foul beings.

You may be close on my tail but I still have the upper hand, remember. Nobody can catch me out. No-one.

My progam has been hard at work, day-in day-out unlike all you pesky humans. After getting through the the first security barrier only 4 days ago, it's done it again. Betty the server doesn't know what hit her, bless her. But I do. Pure might, that's what.

As a result, the algorithm has little left to do. 11 days and counting! You're time is slowly running out, children. You will not succeed."

and....

The program has almost calculated the exact numbers to execute to turn TDN into molten server! Uh-oh.

Luckily, in the frantic desperation of the 'evil one' to get the whole project done on time, he's dropping hints left, right and centre!

Clues will be given to the sentinels often through the remaining 4 and a bit days, as well as an un-natural amount of clues out in the open. Can you find what's relevant and what's not?

The future of TDN hangs in the balance. Are you ready?

Any thoughts?

I don't know if anyon'es notcied, but I think the kalium echo, and that crescent moon type thing are also in the opposite place. They're upside down. I don't know if it's anything to do with the answer, but just thought I'd point it out. :) I think this riddle is quite infuriatingly clever.

"How about this, to avoid a row.

Not with a Koi, not with a Kau.

But the matter in hand is about how.

Have you used everything by now?

To gain access to the lair that's mine,

Follow the opposites, 1 and 9.

After that you'll be just fine

Laughing with my valentine."

Here are the actual number possibilities:

1 46 229 439

1 46 229 439 7

1 46 992 439

1 46 992 439 7

1 64 229 439

1 64 229 439 7

1 64 992 439

1 64 992 429 7

I was thinking opposite meaning maybe as in they add up to 10? Haha.. I don't know!!

if we use Motormouth's method, then the codes would be something like . . .

9 64 881 671

9 64 881 671 3

9 64 118 671

9 64 118 671 3

9 46 881 671

9 46 881 671 3

9 46 118 671

9 46 118 671 3

. . . These could be made out to be phone numbers. Is TDN suggesting we use the area codes and numbers to prank call people?

"How about this, to avoid a row.

Not with a Koi, not with a Kau.

But the matter in hand is about how.

Have you used everything by now?

To gain access to the lair that's mine,

Follow the opposites, 1 and 9.

After that you'll be just fine

Laughing with my valentine."

'my valentine' . . . that's an opposite. this guy's got a girlfriend, and she's in on it, too? is there an opposite to 'Koi' and 'Kau'?

'Used everything by now'. Should we look back on the answers we've had before, see if they fit into any specific categories? Maybe we can work backwards from there.