"Opposites" Riddle

Izzy ♥

Probably. You never know. So. Hands up who's tired? *sticks hand up*

Heh. But I so want to do this. Cause it's the only plot I'll ever end up completing on TDN. I'm not clever enough to do the ones where you aren't allowed to have help.

Aye.

Yes, very much so. This is the first plot I've done on TDN, as well . . . it would be nice to be able to finish it.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be something to do with the inverted numbers from the puzzle and then decoded using the number and letters on a phone?

question, though: since there are three letters per number on a phone pad, how would one know which letter to use?

Speaking of phones... I wonder what I've done with my mobile. Lol. Oops.

Anyhow. Couldn't you just press the numbers? Where've we got this phone thing from anyway?

it was an offhand suggestion i made -- the numbers looked like the area codes/numbers for actual real-life phones, so maybe TDN wanted us to prank call people. actually, the phone pad thing isn't too bad an idea, if someone's willing to dial the phone numbers and explain to all the angry people who's calling them at <insert hour here> in the <insert AM/PM>

it was an offhand suggestion i made -- the numbers looked like the area codes/numbers for actual real-life phones, so maybe TDN wanted us to prank call people. actually, the phone pad thing isn't too bad an idea, if someone's willing to dial the phone numbers and explain to all the angry people who's calling them at <insert hour here> in the <insert AM/PM>

Lol. That made me laugh. o_O Easily amused, me.

A tiny hint is all we need, and we might be able to do something. But as for me, I'm all out of ideas.

Lol. That made me laugh. o_O Easily amused, me.

A tiny hint is all we need, and we might be able to do something. But as for me, I'm all out of ideas.

so far, all I know is that we've "got the general idea". i don't know at what point we did have, or what it was, or anything. just that we had the general idea sometime in this string.

Time to translate Matt's pretty poem!

"How about this, to avoid a row.

Not with a Koi, not with a Kau."

---

Well, Kiko is the only Neopet that comes in between Koi and Kau.

But I think Matt just wanted to find something that rhymes... You never know.

"But the matter in hand is about how.

Have you used everything by now?"

---

The only thing we haven't used that plays a big part and has been said to relate to the plot solution is the numbers on the puzzle. So we probably have to use those, as we already know.

But this could also mean the filenames, which we haven't used either... I doubt it, for some reason.

"To gain access to the lair that's mine,

Follow the opposites, 1 and 9."

---

This is about how to use the opposites clue with the numbers, I think...

But I'm still confuzzled.

"After that you'll be just fine

Laughing with my valentine."

---

Uh... Matt's in love with Kalium Echo? AWW! Isn't that cute... <3

Anyway, I hope this helped. I just want to finish the darn riddle!

I haven't been posting, but I'm definitely trying to figure it out along with you guys. I've reread the thread since we have "the general idea", but I'm not sure where that idea is...

everyone else I've spoken to has no idea, either. i suggest we all lie down -- resting helps creativity.

I know, but I really need to go to bed... Lol. But I really want to finsih this.

. . . isn't it past midnight over there? . . . *worried* this plot isn't worth death, y'know.

Lol. Hey. I felt like someone was watching, always lurking.

Lol. Just kidding. No more ideas than us lot then?

I'm waaaaaatching :) But no, I have no more ideas than you all do. I did think of the alternate puzzle pieces numbers that someone had mentioned. We have used filenames...well some of them anyway.

jerry and pteri were filenames right?

I'm waaaaaatching :) But no, I have no more ideas than you all do. I did think of the alternate puzzle pieces numbers that someone had mentioned. We have used filenames...well some of them anyway.

yes, but those were the only two that made any sense, and they led to the Pink Uni answer.

Oh yeah... That's right!

I found that answer a little bit differently than most people did though...

That one was actually really easy for me!

Hey, would someone mind flicking my head until the answer comes out of my ear? I know it's in here somewhere...