Mirror Games. To use or not to use?

DOOM Bringer

Hey guys,

In the recent Editorial TNT had this to say about Mirror Games:

Clarify: Mirror games. Example: Destruct O Match and the mirror Destruct O Match. Are players allowed to play both versions of this game and send score for both on the same day? Many believe this is abusing the system since it is the same game and we are only allowed to send score three times per flash game. Some believe since the score shows as its own game on the personal high score table that it is considered a different game and allowed. ~wefix

We'd think this would be obvious, as there is a limit on the games for a reason. Playing dumb and using an excuse that there are two personal high score tables for the game is just... selective rule following. Kinda like when your dog "can't hear" you when you say it's time for a bath, but you pick up the leash and he/she can hear you from the other side of the house. Yeah, kinda like that. You know the intention of the rules, so feigning you don't to justify your actions doesn't cut it.

Myself and many others on the Neoboards did not understand/did not agree with this. Many different interpretations have formed and people are wondering whether we can play mirror games one day and normal games the other day or whether we can play them at all...

What do you guys think about this?

This is a great debate, considering I don't think they did a good enough job at answering the question. Yes or No. :yes:

Personally I took from it that it was NOT allowed. "We'd think this would be obvious. " Making it seem like it's playing a daily on more than one account.

This was really good question, but the answer supplied was not really sufficent. I understand that we can't, but why I am uncertain.

That's why I made this topic, because I personally didn't really understand what TNT was saying and why there were only saying it now, considering how long mirror games have been around for. The way I see it is if we're not allowed to use the mirror games at all, then why are they there in the first place?

If paint brush plushies were retired, maybe their prices would inflate dramatically... XD

Not to sound like a total idiot, but what exactly are mirror games?

They are basically those games that neo revamped a while back, such as feed florg(not sure if that's one...), which you can still play the original version for. *gasp* Evil, a total idiot? That'd be the first sign of the apocalypse... ;)

And anyway, I really don't see the point in having them either if we can't play them and why they won't let us play multiple times if they're nto going to take off either the original or the revamp... :P

UPDATE: TNT has answered another question about mirror games in this weeks editorial! Hopefully this clears some stuff up:

So last Editorial, you guys appeared to be saying that I've been breaking the rules when I send a score on a site game and then play the mirror game and send score on that one too. Which I had no idea at all was against the rules. Since it is, I'll quit doing it. But... if it's against the rules to send score on Mirror Whack-a-Kass after sending score on Site Whack-a-Kass, then why do the mirror games even exist, and why is it possible to send score from them, and why do they have different NP awards? ~peecefool

The "mirror" games are games set up specifically to be linked to from outside sources. There are a few sites that have permission to reuse our content, so we need to create separate instances of the games for tracking purposes. These games should not have allowed you to send score in the first place, but it's a glitch in the system that we're working on. So while you should not be abusing it technically, we realise there was no way for anyone to know this was the case and we're not freezing for it.

Any thoughts on this?

I think it's stupid. If they are going to upload it like all the other games then it should be playable. Or they should just block it to users. >_< It seems they are attempting to fix it, but they should focus on their HUGE list before this; this is minor.

I agree Xepha, they shouldn't have uploaded them in the first place. At least they aren't going to freeze people who did it earlier, because I used mirror games and had no idea they weren't allowed. I think that if we can't/aren't allowed to use them then TNT should take them off the site immediately to avoid further confusion.

Am I being an idiot again, or did TNT just say that the mirror games are actually supposed to be special versions of the game that can't earn you neopoints?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently TNT created seperate copies of their games for use on other sites or something like that.

That's odd. Why would that even be nessacary? I say if they made a seperate copy of the game that can send a score three more times, it's their fault. Sheesh, they could just delete them and get rid of the problem if it's that big of a deal. Seems kinda stupid to me.

That's pretty much what everybody here's saying. :yes: But TNT seems extremely preoccupied lately...

• 1 month later...

I believe that question was asked a couple of times on this topic. :P

Mirror games are apparently separate copies of games TNT created for use on other sites.

• 6 months later...

i think neopets cant freeze you for doing this since its a hard subject to clarify. If its able to happen and they havent changed it yet then i dont think its wrong

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 14 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Princess Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.