Good Brushes Sites

Ian

I use PSP, and good brushes for PSP are hard enough to find on their own, let alone older versions. If I spot any, I'll let you know.

--------

Thanks!

I've only got a few sets downloaded at the moment. I could use the image packs but it'd be better to just download it. Finding PSP brushes that work with the older versions are easier to find than ones that work with old versions of PS, and I use PSP more often.

• 2 weeks later...

@aia (and anybody else who uses the GIMP): There's an entire section dedicated to brushes for the GIMP on deviantART. :yes:

• 5 months later...
I would also recommand you to browse Deviantart.com if you need brushes. There are brushes for all main programs such as photoshop, paint shop pro, gimp and other resources. =)

yes, I recommend dA as well, that's what I use. :> people have created brushes for almost everything, and most of them are great. I also use dA for fonts sometimes, but I also sometimes use dafont.com.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I thought it might be useful to have a topic full of links to sites with cool brushes. So, start posting links!

eyevan.net [Photoshop]

http://www.vanilla-dreams.net/ [Photoshop]

Please be sure to specify whether or not the brushes are for Photoshop or PSP. :yes:

Thanks I found some cool brushes.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to offer a helpful hint...most brushes are compatible with both PSP AND Photoshop. Simply change the extension. .abr for Photoshop, and .jbr for PSP (if you have the Jasc versions). I have old brushes I downloaded for PSP 7 and Elements 6.0, and they load fine in Elements 8.0 so long as they have the .abr extension.

I cannot test this in the Corel versions of PSP, as my copy of XI is being a massive pain in the bum. The extension is different though. I find the Jasc versions are superior anyway.

If changing the file name doesn't work, there are tutorials to export and import the brush files into the opposite program.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think devinart is good for if you already have something specific in mind, you can easy do a search and see if there is anything you like.

for browsing though, there is ALOT to look through on devinart. I always lose track of the time when i'm on there just looking and browsing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have brushes for GIMP and for Paint tool SAI on my deviantart page :D

SAI Brushes

GIMP Brushes

If anybody has suggestions for new brushes, let me know! I haven't been able to make GIMP brushes in a while (The new ones I've made don't work...) but I'd love to make more SAI brushes :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Ooh, there are some great resource sites on this topic. :laughingsmiley: I'm not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but the site Brushking.com has a huge amount of brushes for photoshop. For GIMP brushes/textures, I like obsidiandawn.com.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't bump any topics that haven't received posts in 21 days or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Haunted Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.