What's your Internet's speed?

Guest Will

I've decided to create this topic because I'd like to know what is the general Internet connection speed of us TDN'ers.

Simply visit Speedtest to find out what your speed is, and then post the results here.

Compare and discuss! ;)

Here's mine:

236020842.png

I know I don't live in London, but it's the best server near me (Lisbon's is rubbish), but that does mean my ping is not accurate (it's quite high, though), and the distance...well, it says all.

I'm with NOVIS right now (I don't like them at all), and I'm switching to Vodafone soon, which will hopefully be much faster.

I was quite astounded to see that my actual Internet connection is 2 Mbps download and 256 Kbps upload. Sure, upload is below the promised by Novis, but the upload is around 5 times more, which is simply excellent!

Please be sure to post your actual Internet speed package (download and upload speeds).

236020372.png

My download works out to be around 175 Kilobytes per second. This is exactly what I am supposed to be getting, no complaints. I have no clue what you guys do with all that extra bandwidth.

Brittney's is over 1.8 Megabytes per second.

Will's over 1.25 Megabytes per second.

Teej's over 2.2 Megabytes per second

Eric's fastest is over 445 Kilobytes per second.

crxsnochic's download is over 135 Kilobytes per second.

crxsnochic, you're speed isn't slow. The others just have unnecessary speed. You and I are bandwidth conservationists. Besides, try Dial-up for a day and you'll never want change your current ISP.

My Internet provider is offering super high speed Internet now too... there are ads all around the city. We don't feel like paying extra fees though. (Plus, as Metroid said... we could have a speed ticket :O)

Isabel is lazing along at 45 Kilobytes per second.

Metroid is hitting 614.5 Kilobytes per second.

Looks like Teej is the fastest. Isabel is the slowest.

I'm surprised no one's got Dial-up.

236159036.png

Oh yeah, sooo fast. It's not my provider's fault, its my computer's. I have to use a USB wireless adaptor to connect to my house's signal and it has to travel through several walls and up one story to get there. Basically, some walls and a USB stands between me and substantially faster internet...

Tom, what's the speed on your USB connector? You might want to consider getting a wireless PCI card.

BTW, You got 51.6 kilobytes per second.

Wow AA, now I don't feel so slow anymore. That's really slow (no offense)

Still, mine is really bad and I hope to fix it up soon.

236522919.png

And we pay for 2 Mbps... Ain't it great to have an ISP that delivers? <_<

It seems to me you're testing your speed quite far away from home. Try closer if possible. But for a 2 Mbps connection, it's certainly VERY slow.

Figures, I have got a 5x faster connection for my 2 Mbps, and you have it around 10x slower.