IMPORTANT: The "Awesome" Glitch

Mike.

As you may have noticed by now, some people woke up on a pile on neopoints. Last night, everything was fine and then this morning people woke up with hundreds of thousands, even millions of more neopoints. For example, one person received 70 million nps from this glitch.

DO NOT SPEND THESE EXTRA NEOPOINTS. There is a high risk that you can be frozen from it! Simply report this bug to TNT, and you should be fine.

Update: This is REAL everybody, and you WILL get frozen for abusing glitches on the site. This is also NOT an april fools joke by TNT.

3/29 5:45 pm NST - Code lowered from Orange to Yellow. Reports from the boards seem to indicate that the glitches are being fixed as we speak. The glitches aren't entirely gone, but at least their effects have been minimized, that's for sure. It should now be safe to play Neopets just avoid transactions of any type.

Thoughts? How much did you get? Discuss on the

forums!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I got any. I had 2000 or so neopoints sitting around, but I think that was from doing Daily Dare challenges over the past few days. I'm pretty sure it was mine.

I wish I had received enough to get the Adam Avatar, that would be really cool. I do feel sorry for those people getting frozen over this glitch though. Although it seems like common sense to me, if you wake up and suddenly have 9 million neopoints for no reason you obviously don't spend it. Duh!

EDIT: After thinking about it, isn't getting the Adam Avatar abusing the glitch? Also, someone reminded me on the neoboards that to get the avatar you need to have exactly the same amount of neopoints as Adam. This would involve depositing or withdrawing neopoints and I can see that getting you frozen for abusing a glitch. I dunno about that Adam Avatar thing Mike, I think you should take it down from the post to avoid encouraging people to possibly get frozen. It might not be as harmless as you think...

I actually have less neopoints. I always keep just around 3000 on hand, and I have 70 this morning. At least my banked neopoints seem to be at the right level. Don't think TNT gong to put much effort in returning my 3000 neopoints, not with this going on, huh! Just my luck though... some people get millions and I get robbed. At least I don't run a risk of being frozen...

Absolutely nothing. Which I'm actually glad about, I'd be a nervous wreck in case I got frozen :mellow:

Not to overrule my good friend Mike, but getting the Adam avatar is abusing the glitch: don't do it.

I would personally stay away from the site until the problem's rectified. We've had a few unfair freezings in the past, eh?

i got 60K, terrifide im gonna get frozen, think i might take it out my bank again and leave it in my hand and not play/restock or anything

Kiz

i got 60K, terrifide im gonna get frozen, think i might take it out my bank again and leave it in my hand and not play/restock or anything

Kiz

Good luck, hope you don't get frozen.

Weird. o_O That's quite a glitch...wonder how many people are affected?

I just checked my main and everything seems to be as I left it last night. Glad I don't have to worry about bug reports and stuff; it would have been fun to just look at the NP counter and pretend to be rich for a little while though. ;)

Think it's worth checking side accounts? Since my main wasn't affected I doubt my sides will be either; on the other hand, I rarely log in to my sides, so if one was affected and I didn't even notice until a month later, TNT might not be very amused that it took me so long to report even though I didn't do it on purpose. :worried: So maybe I'll go take a look just to make sure.

Guest Sloth Von Karma

I got nothing, thank God. I'm just hanging around TDN and Neopets' Neoboard, no transactions whatsoever.

Everything has come to a standstill on Neo.

Guest Guest

What's that about nervous wrecks? I hardly got anything compared to some others - about 100k and I'm shaking like a leaf! I've been working hard on that stupid account. I recommend anyone hit send a notice to TNT right away, take all your cash out of your bank, and LOG OFF!! That's what I'm doing. My sides were unaffected but who cares about them, they don't have 200+ avies. :P

I just checked my side account as well (I haven't logged into that account for about 6 months!) It's doing just fine though... I'm still extremely poor as always! Since I just finished my daily dare challenge for today and with everything going on with neopets, I think I'm just going to stay off of it for the rest of the day.

Guest Sloth Von Karma
I read a post on neoboards about glitches and in that post it was said that the games being faster than normal was not a glitch and they had upgrade the games speed. Is that true?

This is true, yes. I saw it too, oh well.

I didn't really check the glitch on TDN before I spun the wheel of mnotony, but it was fine! I left 100np to do it tommorow, and I still had that 100 today, but I used it on the wheel. I normally do the dailies, but I won't do 'em now but I'll check back later

I'm not very sure how much exactly was in my account yesterday, but after seeing the news I stop doing any activities that uses neopoints, I believe playing and sending games should be ok so I'm still doing that... I'm kind of scare now as I'm not very sure if my neopoints has increase or not, but overall its not a big difference from yesterday...

i have received no extra neopoints but started doing my dailies before I visited TDN forums. Thanks for highlighting the glitch, I wouldn't have been aware of any issues. I have noticed updated pages e.g. inventory page has changed a little. The recommendation to stay off neopets.com ... does that still go even if you havent had any issues with neopoints?

Guest Sloth Von Karma
i have received no extra neopoints but started doing my dailies before I visited TDN forums. Thanks for highlighting the glitch, I wouldn't have been aware of any issues. I have noticed updated pages e.g. inventory page has changed a little. The recommendation to stay off neopets.com ... does that still go even if you havent had any issues with neopoints?

Well, I'm just chatting on the boards, no transactions whatsoever. Do that if you really want to stay and chat with the community.

Update: You can now see the full effects of probably the biggest glitch on Neo since 4/4/4 (Double Dupe Day) on the first post.

Absolutely nothing. Which I'm actually glad about, I'd be a nervous wreck in case I got frozen :mellow:

The same whit me and I even don't want to get those np. <_<

It has gooten me so worried I'm afriad to even get on my accounts! But I cheaked my mine. Nothing was wrong with it :P or my other. I got 5 more to cheak... I'm glad I get on here or I would have gone and spend the neopoints if I had gotten any :yes: