Today's Random Events

aeox.justix

Illusen emerges from the woods and approaches you. "I had some spare Neopoints lying around so I thought you may like to have them." She leaves you with 10,000 NP!

My LOVE knew i bought an item earlier for exactly 10,000 NP :heart:

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

Illusen emerges from the woods and approaches you. "I had some spare Neopoints lying around so I thought you may like to have them." She leaves you with 10,000 NP!

My LOVE knew i bought an item earlier for exactly 10,000 NP :heart:

I think she's STALKING you, Angeló, though I suspect you'd have NO problems with that. :laughingsmiley:

Can't see you getting a restraining order on her any time soon. xD

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I think she's STALKING you, Angeló, though I suspect you'd have NO problems with that. :laughingsmiley:

Can't see you getting a restraining order on her any time soon. xD

she just did it again :heart:

we're so celebrating tonight 

Sparkling Space CocktailTurkey Steak Dinner Illusen Canopy Bed 

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

she just did it again :heart:

we're so celebrating tonight 

Sparkling Space CocktailTurkey Steak Dinner Illusen Canopy Bed 

!!!!

O.M.G. :bigeyed: ! see it ALL now! Your secret is out mister. :ph34r:

She's just PAID for a night of passion with you!

Angeló the Neopian Gigolo!

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, lordnuggets said:

The Pant Devil's evil twin hands you Plushie Poogle Morphing Potion, stolen from his brother. He flies away cackling madly.

I'm pretty sure I also found a Secret Lab Map Piece and Spooky Map Piece today, so... Good?

Sounds like that is the Pant Devil's good twin.  If pant devil steals from people, and the twin gives things.  That does sound like you are having a pretty good day.

She asked for a Gelert Handled Jump Rope.

You have completed a quest for the Battle Faerie.
battle-faerie-2-1.jpg
This should help our cause. The war is not yet won, but the battle turns in our favour.

For your efforts, Alafair's defence, strength, and health have increased!

She asked for Knotted Cloth Necklace
You have completed a quest for a Fire Faerie.
fire-faerie-1-2.jpg
Ha! I cast a spell without setting anything on fire -- wait. Never mind.

For your efforts, Alafair's strength has increased!

While out for a stroll, Alafair looks down and finds 5,145 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

17 hours ago, balloongal247 said:

Sounds like that is the Pant Devil's good twin.  If pant devil steals from people, and the twin gives things.  That does sound like you are having a pretty good day.

I'm just sorry for the guy who got his morphing potion stolen by the Pant Devil....

28 minutes ago, lordnuggets said:

I'm just sorry for the guy who got his morphing potion stolen by the Pant Devil....

Yeah!

So is that how it actually works then? It would please me if it was, though I'd always assumed it was just a random thing, not an actual redistribution of items.

Just now, jellysundae said:

Yeah!

So is that how it actually works then? It would please me if it was, though I'd always assumed it was just a random thing, not an actual redistribution of items.

I'd assume it's just a random thing really, but it'd be cool if it actually was something stolen from someone. Sometimes when you get np stolen from you it goes onto the money tree right?

22 minutes ago, lordnuggets said:

I'd assume it's just a random thing really, but it'd be cool if it actually was something stolen from someone. Sometimes when you get np stolen from you it goes onto the money tree right?

Yeah, true! We know that can happen though, while this is a bit of a mystery. 

I don't suppose they'd tell us if we asked if we really are getting someone else's stolen item though, lol! Someone should send a question in to the editorial just to see if Scrappy bites. :laugh:

I really don't think they'd tell us though, not if it was stolen stuff, because I thinks the boards would EXPLODE with righteous indignation. xD

Hmm . . . so I guess it probably is a random thing then, and if that's the case then it's cool that you can receive such valuable items! :D

I would think it's random, as it'd be a lot harder to code the events to have pant devil add items to like their inventory, and pant devil's twin remove them to give them out, and make sure that two events weren't trying to give the same item to different people at the same time, as opposed to just deleting or creating items. Plus, I'd never heard of the pant devil twin one, so I think the pant devil is more common.  

53 minutes ago, balloongal247 said:

I would think it's random, as it'd be a lot harder to code the events to have pant devil add items to like their inventory, and pant devil's twin remove them to give them out, and make sure that two events weren't trying to give the same item to different people at the same time, as opposed to just deleting or creating items. Plus, I'd never heard of the pant devil twin one, so I think the pant devil is more common.  

Yeah, to everything you say, lol. The (not) evil twin's a relatively recent addition to Neo, isn't he? A brief stroll back through Google shows results about him back as far as 2014, though that's not really saying much, is it. He could have been around way longer than that.

I always thought it was a redistribution like the ghosts that steal stuff to put on the Money Tree..... 

Wow! The The Archmagus of Roo Collectable Card has magically found its way into your Neodeck! What luck.

The Lava Ghoul floats up to you and looks at you menacingly! You were lucky this time...

4 hours ago, acmerasta said:

I always thought it was a redistribution like the ghosts that steal stuff to put on the Money Tree..... 

Wow! The The Archmagus of Roo Collectable Card has magically found its way into your Neodeck! What luck.

The ghosts only steal low value stuff or small amounts of NP though, right? While the pant devil invariably pinches the most expensive thing you have...

I kind of get the vibe that he works as a roving NP-sink, taking a valuable item out of circulation, thus maybe forcing the person he took it from to buy it again...I dunno though...when he stole the expensive Achyfi that I'd just bought as kad food I didn't replace it, I just swore a lot. :ph34r:

And hey, I just fought that Archmagus guy on NQ! lol xD

The pant devil doesn't always steal your items.  The more stuff you have in your inventory, the less likely he'd steal the one good thing...  If you are going to have super expensive stuff that you can't afford to replace in your inventory, then you should fill it with Pant Devil Attractor then he is more likely to steal one of those than the expensive thing or things.  Pant devil may be more likely to strike if your inventory has a high "estimated value" of the items per the item page that means nothing.  Thus the av for taunting the pant devil.

1 hour ago, balloongal247 said:

The pant devil doesn't always steal your items.  The more stuff you have in your inventory, the less likely he'd steal the one good thing...  If you are going to have super expensive stuff that you can't afford to replace in your inventory, then you should fill it with Pant Devil Attractor then he is more likely to steal one of those than the expensive thing or things.  Pant devil may be more likely to strike if your inventory has a high "estimated value" of the items per the item page that means nothing.  Thus the av for taunting the pant devil.

Yeah I was SUPER unlucky with the achyfi theft, that can was in my possession for literally a MINUTE before he stole it, I didn't get a chance to put it in my SDB. :angry: lol.

I learnt a lesson to not buy expensive kad food after that. :laugh:

On 06/08/2017 at 6:14 PM, jellysundae said:

Yeah, to everything you say, lol. The (not) evil twin's a relatively recent addition to Neo, isn't he? A brief stroll back through Google shows results about him back as far as 2014, though that's not really saying much, is it. He could have been around way longer than that.

I suppose if it was taken from people then there'd only be items like pant devil repellers (whatever they're called) and dung lol. I'm not sure exactly when he appeared but I think this is the first time I've got the event. I used to have another account that got randomly frozen that was quite a few years old and I never heard of the twin. Who knows?