Neopets is Infected

Ian

I'm too scared to go on Neopets...I don't want to go through all the trouble to fix my brand new computer just for some virus. Hopefully Neopets will fix it soon. What do these viruses actually do, anyways?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viruses infect your computer. It makes it slow, or your computer will freeze, and programs won't function correctly. There's lots of negative stuff that a virus can do. Once I got a virus and I had to reinstall the whole Windows XP.

wow. i just read the news on tdn. i cant believe myspace had the same ad as well. i guess my virus scanners (mcafee security system and windows defender) are doing their jobs. b/c ive been on myspace the whole time that neopets has been infected. and my computers fine. :)

and now that neopets is back in the office, im sure theyve taken care of it!

I have adblockers and virus protection but I'm still too scared to go on Neopets.

I really want to but I don't want to risk it.

Aaah I'm going insane without Neopets lol. It's my boredome buster.

At one stage, I completely freaked because a pop up showed up but luckily nothing happened and I exited the neopets site though just in case. I have like 3 different virus protectors, all very good ones, so I think I am relatively safe but ya never know.

Ellie, I have already tried it. It won't go anywhere. It says on the bottom right side of the window that it's opening the url but it stays blank. Nothing happens. So if I can't browse ANYWHERE or anything, I can't download Adblock.

Ellie, I have already tried it. It won't go anywhere. It says on the bottom right side of the window that it's opening the url but it stays blank. Nothing happens. So if I can't browse ANYWHERE or anything, I can't download Adblock.

That's weird, try re-installing it.

Does anyone know a GOOD site that you can download a GOOD ad blocker cause like i have ad block for Mozilla just not for IE. I get inappropriate pop-ups which i do not want to see, and other annoying pop-ups. Is there an ad-block for IE? If anyone knows one, PLEASE POST IT .

Plzes and thank you-s.

wow. i just read the news on tdn. i cant believe myspace had the same ad as well. i guess my virus scanners (mcafee security system and windows defender) are doing their jobs. b/c ive been on myspace the whole time that neopets has been infected. and my computers fine. :)

and now that neopets is back in the office, im sure theyve taken care of it!

Good! 'Cause that's the only security thing I've got. That and ASC. (AOL Security Center)

But I think I'll just live of TDN until it's all clear.