Posting Suggestion

Chipmonker

I'm not sure this can be done, but could it be allowed that forumers be able to delete our own posts and topics? Especially with the dunderheads around (*shifty eyes*) and the 'post' and 'preview' buttons so close together. And not to mention the bothering of the staff whenever one happens to select the wrong choice...

So anyway IF it can be done, COULD it be done?

-Zach

Edit:

Another question/request.

Could you not be so lock-topic-happy on this board? A few times I've had something to add to the topic, yet was dismayed to find the topic has already been locked.

I think you can have the ability to delete your POSTS, not topics. But, in any case, just PM a staff member if you accidently double posted or something.

And if you have further questions after a board has been locked, just PM a staff member.

Yea it kinda is a bummer too, becuase if we could it would be less work for you moderators, but then again, if we did, we could have people that would post, than delete it, then post, than delete it, just to get thier posts up. So having a delete button could be a bad thing.

I agree, but people might post innapropiate stuff when the MODS aren't on, then delete them or when only 1 person is on (1 witness is not enough). So it would get annoying, so maybe having like a limit, let's say you are allowed to delete a post once per month and to delete a topic you created once every 3 months.

I could've sworn you guys have the little dropdown thing to the bottom right of the page. Oh well.

If my W2M ever gets working, and you need a topic deleting, click the little button in my signature, send a message saying what the topic is in the form that comes up, hit send and I'll be here prompt-ish.

It goes straight to my Windows Live Messenger (when it works.) and since I'm on it pretty much all day, it's instant notification! That's what it's their for.

Also use it to report incorrect Turmy alerts if no one with a coloured names around. But please, don't use it for the ALP. That gets annoying!

Mmhmm, whilst its great to contact staff through Matts W2M, please remember to use the Report-to-a-Mod feature. On every single post, you have "report" at the bottom. It doesnt matter if that post particularly is offensive or anything, but you can use that to communicate with us.

I'm pretty sure that Tipem will agree that you will not be able to delete your own posts. It's not good. This is reserved for staff and moderators only (as is editing other member's posts, merging, moving, splitting and unapproving posts and topics). If we have to make a decision on you - if you break a rule, and we're looking to make a decision based on other evidence - we need to see your posts. Every member has notes kept about them. If none of the team saw the offending post before you deleted it, we wouldn't have edited your notes (as we wouldn't have seen the post; we can see every post ever deleted in the Staff Area, but we'd rather not search through there) and thus we might think that you're great, where you have really been offensive or whatever. Of course, its great that you deleted your offensive post, but we still need to keep these tabs on members.

And we're not "lock-heavy". Not nearly as much as some other forums. And its only to make things organized. Questions get an answer, so the topic gets closed; we dont need a big topic only slightly related.

Remember Rule 4.iii; Posts not related to the topic [are not allowed] - we don't like offtopicness.