Altador Cup III team discussion!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

Hello, and welcome to the Altador Cup III team discussion topic. This topic was created so we can avoid having one forum for each team, and so people supporting less popular teams don't have to search the entire forum for their topic. Also, it encourages inter-team chat, which is quite important to this competition.

This topic is pinned for everyone's convenience.

There are some specific rules though, apart from the main TDN forum rules:

• No bashing of any team whatsoever. You will be warned if so.
  • Don't spam saying your best is the best 500 times. Provide something useful for the conversation.
  • Be polite to any member. Don't insult anyone just because they support a weaker team or they lost.
  • If you win the match, don't go shouting your head off. It's okay to be happy, but there's no need to exaggerate.

Basically, those are the 4 golden rules of this topic.

Please follow them, and let's all have a great time. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Krawk Islander).

Main Altador Cup discussion topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been PINNED. This topic is regarded as of high importance by site staff.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a larger portion of people are rooting for Krawk Island than last year. :D I guess we all just want Darigan Citadel to go down, though it's gonna be hard with so many people joining them because they won last year.

I need help, I feel that my team is going no where (Altador) so what happens if your team loose? Is that it? And when does the Altador Cup II end and can you play other Neopian live? It's my first time that's why so many questions.

---------------------

BlueandPets3.jpg

It seems a larger portion of people are rooting for Krawk Island than last year. :D I guess we all just want Darigan Citadel to go down, though it's gonna be hard with so many people joining them because they won last year.

Actually, if anything that might make things *harder* for them. o_O I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know they take total team membership into account when calculating the wins; TNT specifically says having more players doesn't give you any advantage. And if DC has a lot of newbies who jump on the bandwagon because they won last year, but don't play the games (since a surprising number of people think they'll get something big if the team they join wins even if they don't actually do anything) I'm pretty sure that hurts the percentage.

I picked Krawk Island because I like pirates and because I'm hoping Pirate PB's will be among the prizes if they win, but it was a tough choice between KI, Shenkuu, and DC for me; those are my three favorite "countries" in Neopia. :P That said...Go Pirates! ;)

Actually, if anything that might make things *harder* for them. o_O I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know they take total team membership into account when calculating the wins; TNT specifically says having more players doesn't give you any advantage. And if DC has a lot of newbies who jump on the bandwagon because they won last year, but don't play the games (since a surprising number of people think they'll get something big if the team they join wins even if they don't actually do anything) I'm pretty sure that hurts the percentage.

I picked Krawk Island because I like pirates and because I'm hoping Pirate PB's will be among the prizes if they win, but it was a tough choice between KI, Shenkuu, and DC for me; those are my three favorite "countries" in Neopia. :P That said...Go Pirates! ;)

That is true... Probably why HW went down so harshly after they won... I have a nice feeling about KI this year though. :yes:

And I picked Krawk Island for the exact same reason... Without the PB part. :)

I picked KI cause they are the bestest and it is the place in Neopia that I visit the most :yes: *runs off to play games* GOO KI!!

I need help, I feel that my team is going no where (Altador) so what happens if your team loose? Is that it? And when does the Altador Cup II end and can you play other Neopian live? It's my first time that's why so many questions.

If they use the same system as last year (and if I'm remembering correctly :P): Once your team is officially out of the tournament, you can't play YYB for points anymore -- but you can still play the other two games and get points for them (and I *think* you can pick one of the remaining teams to support, i.e. the points you earn from Slushie Slinger/Make Some Noise go to the team you're supporting, but I'm not totally positive.) Even if your team doesn't win, it's still worth it to play as many games as you can so you can earn better prizes. :yes:

The AC goes for quite a while...a few weeks at least. And the prizes usually take a *long* time after that to be released. x_x

I'm not quite sure what you're asking on that last question...do you mean, are the YYB games two-player (for instance, when I play for KI, is the Maraqua team I'm playing against also controlled by an actual person)? If so the answer is no, your opponent is controlled by the computer.

Hope that helped! :)

Guest Krawk Islander

Prizes won't take a long time to be released. The prize shop is opened immediately after the Cup ends, on July 21st (at least that's what the news suggests).

And you can choose to not even play the Altador Cup - it's an event, like a plot, you aren't obliged to participate (although you should). You can do anything you like on the main Neopets website, as normal.

If they use the same system as last year (and if I'm remembering correctly :P): Once your team is officially out of the tournament, you can't play YYB for points anymore -- but you can still play the other two games and get points for them (and I *think* you can pick one of the remaining teams to support, i.e. the points you earn from Slushie Slinger/Make Some Noise go to the team you're supporting, but I'm not totally positive.) Even if your team doesn't win, it's still worth it to play as many games as you can so you can earn better prizes. :yes:

The AC goes for quite a while...a few weeks at least. And the prizes usually take a *long* time after that to be released. x_x

I'm not quite sure what you're asking on that last question...do you mean, are the YYB games two-player (for instance, when I play for KI, is the Maraqua team I'm playing against also controlled by an actual person)? If so the answer is no, your opponent is controlled by the computer.

This year if your team is knocked out of the tournament, or it loses, you can not join another team and support them, but it is ok because the structure of the tornament has changed and your team should not be kicked out until they have the final four teams, am I right Krawk Islander?

Guest Krawk Islander
This year if your team is knocked out of the tournament, or it loses, you can not join another team and support them, but it is ok because the structure of the tornament has changed and your team should not be kicked out until they have the final four teams, am I right Krawk Islander?

Indeed, yes, you are. There is an explanation on TDN's coverage: "The Altador Cup is Back!", news post.

This is my first year too. I chose Krawk Island because i thought their logo looked nice ^_^ and they seem to have some support.

I think the less support the better though. The more popular the team, the more newbies will join...

Good luck KI!

Indeed, yes, you are. There is an explanation on TDN's coverage: "The Altador Cup is Back!", news post.

Ah, interesting, I hadn't realized they made the structure change. That's cool though, I like the new setup. :)

Yup, it's a fair setup that means that everybody will get to play through the whole AC this year (teams don't actually get knocked out if I understand it correctly). :yes:

And I'd like to once again promote a treaty that every Altador Cup participant should sign. It's a guarantee of proper sportsmanship to all other teams for the duration of the AC.

PeaceAC.jpg

Helped?! Helped?! You think that helped?! Well it did very much thank you. Thanks again.

--------------------------

BlueandPets3.jpg

Anyone here supporting shenkuu?

(I need more words)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Putting things like "(I need more words)" do not count twards your 7 words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

There are tons of Shenkuu supporters. I, however, am not one of them. However, I am only against them because my own team is up against them today. =P The only team I am actively against is DC because that's my boyfriend's team, and I want gloating rights. He cannot have them. -shifty eyes-

Speaking of Shenkuu, is anyone else slightly disturbed by the fact their Grundo has a fu manchu? Like, seriously, I am down with fu manchus for the most part, but some people... er... things just shouldn't sport them. Like Grundos. It freaks me out, a little, in a humorous way.

That being said, I'm a Roo girl, myself. I think there's at least one other of us Rooligans on the boards, although I'm not sure. -prods Roo supporters out of hiding-

GO KI!!! Well I have been trying and my scores aren't too bad, I have only lost two games today, but that was before I knew that your loses didn't count, so I don't know how many loses I haven't put through. Since I was on the Forums last though I haven't lost!!! How are the rest of the KI supporters doing? Are we going whip Maraqua's behinds?? :P

i think im doing good

[url="http://www.thedailyneopets.com/"][img=http://www.thedailyneopets.com/ac/5892.gif][/url]

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make all psots at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

LOST DESERT FOR THE CUP!!!!!! THERE GOING TO WIN!!!!!

[url="http://www.thedailyneopets.com/"][img=http://www.thedailyneopets.com/ac/5892.gif][/url]

Please do not double post.

I'm supporting Kreludor...why?? Grundo's rock!...and I have a soft spot for anything that has to do with space...I suppose that's the trekker in me. :laughingsmiley:

I saw somewhere an advertisement of sorts to support Krawk for a pirate paint brush....I dunno if I saw it here or elsewhere...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw that...so I'm thinking that's the reason why they may have more....I'm sure there are those true fans of Krawk also.

I like pirates...but I like aliens a whole lot more. :yes:

Go Kreludor Go! :king:

When I saw the number of wins at each of your counters, I was really shocked because I thought I have the most wins but most of you are much more active towards the games, I really envy you all because after playing like 10+ games, I already started to feel tired...

When I saw the number of wins at each of your counters, I was really shocked because I thought I have the most wins but most of you are much more active towards the games, I really envy you all because after playing like 10+ games, I already started to feel tired...

I hear you! At least the team scores aren't based on mine alone! (although Shenkuu didn't do good yesterday...:() Hopefully better this time! (Darigan Citadel...defending champs...) I just don't have the time to sit down and play 20 games all at once...and besides, I get yelled at if I stay on the computer too long... ^_^

I just play when I can, and I don't like playing too many games at once!! I am glad that it isn't KI against Maraqua again!! That skeith was very annoying!! Lols... Good luck you lot!! *runs off to play Yooyuball*

Announcements