I beat Neoquest!!!

firaplays

I must have started my first Neoquest file over ten years ago. Tonight, I finally beat it. It's actually a really weird feeling. I've spent at least half of my life playing this game on and off, so it's a really big deal to me that I've finally seen a game through to the end.

Congratulations! I literally just started my first real neoquest game yesterday. I only played it one other time when I was younger and was too lazy to look up a guide. I was totally confused and I kept losing. Lol. 

I used idnq. The site has really great maps and a some good guides on it. The one I used the most was strangefire's guide, it's got a complete skill spread and advice on what level to be going into each part of the game.

Congrats, firaplays! 

That is no small feat. I found that towards the end the pacing became pretty brutal, but it's totally worth the satisfaction of beating the game! 

I'm maybe halfway through the Evil difficulty now and it definitely takes patience to work through. 

Oh man, I'm not sure I'm even going to go for evil difficulty. Just getting through normal was enough of a test of patience XD I guess I'll see how I feel after I *gulp* beat Neoquest II.

CONGRATULATIONS!

LOL I know that PUMPED feeling! My game of NQ1 stayed pretty dead for years too! Then I think about 5 or 6 years ago. I took a new interest in it and managed to (SOMEHOW) beat it. I think according to the guides, I was underleveled, but somehow beat the final boss.... Barely. lol I think it's neat that sound is an option in that game. Or at least it was the last time I played.

So, are you going to tackle Hard Mode to get a Silver NQ1 Trophy? I don't recall if I started Hard mode or not. Best of luck if you decide to go right into it! :D

That's awesome!

Oh man, I got so caught up playing NQ. I missed doing my dailies and watching my shows (at least there were no special events to keep track of on Neopets at the time and there are apps for watching shows). I believe it still took me over a month to win. It seems like it should be so monotonous with only being able to move one square at a time, but somehow it usually feels intense and exciting. I think it is the fighting and the interesting/involved storyline.

I agree, don't know that I'm going to attempt the other game modes, was just glad to get through normal! Maybe one day, but I also first want to complete NQII.

Okay, congratulations! =)

Oh man, I'm not sure I'm even going to go for evil difficulty. Just getting through normal was enough of a test of patience XD I guess I'll see how I feel after I *gulp* beat Neoquest II.

NQ2 is much more fun, don't worry! Here's an amazing guide if you haven't found one yet. I used it to beat difficulty 1 and 2. http://www.neopets.com/~winnie_1964

congrats on winning the game.   :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thanks everybody! It is really difficult. I never could have beaten it without a guide to tell me how to spend my skill points. And we'll see about Neoquest II XD I'll probably play at least a little of it. There are avatars to be had there, after all!